Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to raise the exhaust up about an inch?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 03:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to raise the exhaust up about an inch?

My tips hang about a good inch and a half below the bumper.. I was wondering if there was a way to raise up the exhaust catback and how? Id like the tips to sit about 1/2 inch below the bumper
Old 11-09-2009, 09:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

What car and what kinda exhaust do you have? Is everything welded, one piece, or clamped? If its clamped you can adjust where the pipe goes over the axle but be careful to stay away from the heat shield or you will have a massive rattle that will **** you off
Old 11-09-2009, 09:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Here is a pic. The wifes WS6 tips hang a little lower than on my Camaro. Both are Borla catbacks. I could probably adjust hers to be higher like mine, but since it otherwise sits fine and there are no rattles or leaks, I'm just going to leave it be.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:38 PM
TECH Regular

if you can't loosen and adjust the pipes, take a look at your hangers... my driver side hanger is sagging quite a bit and the bushing on the passenger side bracket s worn out... i have been trying to find a polyurethane hanger and bushing that will fit our cars but have had no luck :/
Old 11-09-2009, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

Fabian. Thats how i would like mine to be.. Everything on the car is welded except when the y pipe meets the i pipe..

today i was screwing around with the catback and the rubber hangers that hold up the tips seem kinda worn and i can move the tips around.. I wonder if thats the problem
Old 11-09-2009, 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, if its all welded for the most part there aint a whole lot of adjusting to be made without running the risk of causing a crappy rattle or a leak. I think I still have a little play with my rubber hangers but you have to really mess with em to move em around. I found when screwing with mine, I had to do the adjustments mostly where the pipe goes over the axle (and if you have a 3" pipe, clearance is VERY tight) and right where the two hangers are at the back of the bumper at the tips.

Good luck man!
Old 11-10-2009, 03:39 AM
On The Tree

Im able to move the whole exhaust back and forth with the rubber hangers.. Who knows. I'm going to go pick up some new rubber hangers and see if that can atleast lift it up alittle

Quick Reply: How to raise the exhaust up about an inch?