Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Round peg Square hole????

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Round peg Square hole????

Need Some Help
Putting on a ati dampner on my ls1, pulled off stock dampner had a round crank pin! the ati has a square pin journal??? 1st question what is the stock shape of the crank pin square or round? 2nd Do i have the right ati dampner???
Old 11-10-2009, 08:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Blantons02ss
Need Some Help
Putting on a ati dampner on my ls1, pulled off stock dampner had a round crank pin! the ati has a square pin journal??? 1st question what is the stock shape of the crank pin square or round? 2nd Do i have the right ati dampner???
There is no keyway for the stock damper and the timing gear keyway uses a square key. Can't help you on the ATI, but most that "pin" their dampers use a drill jig that makes a round hole for (yup!) a round pin.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks man
i thought all key ways were square shows how ignorant i am.
Found out that after market cranks come how ever you want square, round, half moon!
In my case, after examination, my crank did not have any keyway and had to be drilled and pinned! The ATI damper i ordered had a square keyway so i just made a round keyway 90degrees from the square one!!

Quick Reply: Round peg Square hole????