Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which muffler/bullet with lt's to mimic the loudmouth w/ stock manifolds sound?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 04:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which muffler/bullet with lt's to mimic the loudmouth w/ stock manifolds sound?

I loved the sound of my loudmouth 1 w/ stock manifolds and it was just loud enough to make me grin but not too loud to have the fuzz giving me too much attention. Im about to put on some lpp longtubes and a tsp catted y. Ive heard all the horror stories about how loud and raspy the lm is with lt's. So my question is what can I substitute in place of the lm bullet to most closely emulate the sound and volume I had w/ my catback only setup? I was thinking a spiralflow or possibly an xr1...
Old 11-16-2009, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

like a dynomax bulet??
Old 11-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by vteckiller
like a dynomax bulet??
I've never heard a dynomouth w/ lt's in person but Ive read that they're hella loud.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:48 PM
Teching In

I was in the same boat as you. I had the loudmouth on and then put lt's and ory on and hated the sound. I tried the dynomax bullet, was even worse to me then the resonator was. So much I only had it on there for a day and put the resonator back on. I ended up trying the flo-pro twister and that made it very reasonable. But you will still get rasp with that setup. And to me it was too quiet. The tone was much better and there was almost no drone, but it just wasn't what I wanted. I ended up taking off the loudmouth and putting on the tsp-x true duals with sweet thunders and can't be happier. The thing sound's absolutely amazing now. Way better to me then the loudmouth ever sounded. I'm getting nothing but complement's on it.

The thing that will be different for your setup though is that your gunna be running the catted y. That will help out a lot with the rasp and drone. I haven't heard a setup with cat's on it.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:04 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mindless_Rage
I was in the same boat as you. I had the loudmouth on and then put lt's and ory on and hated the sound. I tried the dynomax bullet, was even worse to me then the resonator was. So much I only had it on there for a day and put the resonator back on. I ended up trying the flo-pro twister and that made it very reasonable. But you will still get rasp with that setup. And to me it was too quiet. The tone was much better and there was almost no drone, but it just wasn't what I wanted. I ended up taking off the loudmouth and putting on the tsp-x true duals with sweet thunders and can't be happier. The thing sound's absolutely amazing now. Way better to me then the loudmouth ever sounded. I'm getting nothing but complement's on it.

The thing that will be different for your setup though is that your gunna be running the catted y. That will help out a lot with the rasp and drone. I haven't heard a setup with cat's on it.

Well now youve got me thinking about that x pipe setup. A few questions about it: How was the fitment and ground clearance? Does it dump around the axle or do the pipes extend to the rear like a regular catback system?

The only thing Im hesitant w/ this setup is going catless. Not for emissions purposes but because I dont wanna get charged w/ a felony by the police. Theyve already threatened my friend with this about his straight pipe setup. I suppose I might be able to hollow my old ones out and weld them over the straight pipe.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

here is your solution for your cats
http://www.frozenboost.com/product_i...24333c97645f5a

as far as the noise/rasp getting a merge on your y pipe will get rid of a lot of it
Old 11-17-2009, 11:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by hitmanws6
Those are badass but im not sure how easily they could be welded to a true dual system like the tsp setup without needing an exhaust shop to make it happen. Anyone know of any true dual systems that come with cats?
Old 11-17-2009, 11:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Hooker LTs and TSP duals with Dynomax bullets and I think they sound pretty damn good. LTs give a different tone to our cars, I would look at possible going with the Borla XR1 or a Magnaflow bullet
Old 11-18-2009, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hitmanws6

as far as the noise/rasp getting a merge on your y pipe will get rid of a lot of it
WOW thats bad *** lol....
i need a pair of those!
Old 11-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Staging Lane

I'd Go with the Borla ProXS Mufflers they sound pretty damn good and the most powerfull. Makes more HP than the cutouts.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Here is a dynomouth example:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-rev-vids.html