Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just finished installing new style LPP headers/ory

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just finished installing new style LPP headers/ory

I didn't take any pics but I just wanted to say they fit great. I didn't have a single issue installing them. I had the older style LPP headers on the car and swapped them to the new design with the HVMCs. The old headers fell right out and the new ones slid in without touching or rubbing on anything. The y-pipe slid right on too. Unfortunately, it doesn't sit high enough on the driver's side for me to use the mount they installed to keep the y-pipe from banging but I'm not concerned since I have poly motor mounts. I may try some readjusting of the y-pipe though. I bought 3" band clamps to connect up the y-pipe without realizing the connections on the y-pipe have slits on them for use with torca accuseal/duraseal clamps. I used the band clamps anyway for the moment and can't tell if they are leaking or not since I have nothing after the y-pipe and it is so rediculously LOUD. It's as loud as my trans am was open headers. I drove the car for a little bit and it was ridiculously loud and the raspiest most metallic sounding ls1 I've EVER heard once it hit 2k rpm, WOW!!! It was fun though.
Well I just thought I'd let you know how easy the new LPPs are to install.
If anyone wants pics, just let me know. I'm putting on a polished stainless steel version of the TSP rumbler catback so if you want sound clips, let me know, but I know there's probably a lot of clips out of that catback already
-Chris
Old 11-22-2009, 01:13 AM
Launching!

Is your car lowered? Do they tuck up good?
Old 11-22-2009, 05:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

new style? when did you buy them? did both styles have the HVMC? (mine do)
i havent installed mine yet, havent had the time, and im saving to get the rest of my TD setup done at the same time...

PICS!!
Old 11-22-2009, 11:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd really like to see some pictures. I had a line on a used set of Kooks, but the guy removing them from his car said they're cracked, and won't send me a picture of the crack so I can see if it's something I could fix...so I'm considering a set of LPP's.

How well done are the HVMC's? Is there a proper spike in the center of the collector? How tight to the K-member are the headers?
Old 11-22-2009, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Did you have to remove the starter to put them on? I just ordered the headers and catted Y. Cant beat the price.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nope, I didn't have to remove the starter or undo the steering linkage. I removed the coil packs, spark plugs, and oil dip stick tube. That was it.
I can get some pics when I'm back in town on Wednesday. The driver's side of the y-pipe didn't tuck up very well at all now that I'm looking from the side with it on the ground. Once my accuseal clamps come in, I'm gonna fiddle with it. There has to be a sweet spot that makes it tuck up really nice.
The old style LPP's did not have a merge collector. they look identical to me other than that though and the added merge spike inside the collector.
Once I get pics, I'm going to post my old LPPs up for sale too. They are in perfect condition other than miscoloring from being run on the car. If anyone is interested, pm for a really good deal
Old 11-22-2009, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Were the plugs in the way? i just put new ones in, everyone seems to put them in first then the headers
Old 11-22-2009, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SWEET98SS
Were the plugs in the way? i just put new ones in, everyone seems to put them in first then the headers
On the passenger side, I was able to remove the old header and put on the new one without removing spark plugs(which I replaced anyway after tightening the new header up. On the driver's side, I couldn't get the old header out without removing the plugs.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the info looking foward to some pictures.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:12 PM
TECH Addict

I'm looking forward to the pictures too, I'd like to get some headers on my car soon.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:35 AM
11 Second Club

Where did you get them from and what did you pay?
Old 03-15-2010, 12:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmypop13
Nope, I didn't have to remove the starter or undo the steering linkage. I removed the coil packs, spark plugs, and oil dip stick tube. That was it.
I can get some pics when I'm back in town on Wednesday. The driver's side of the y-pipe didn't tuck up very well at all now that I'm looking from the side with it on the ground. Once my accuseal clamps come in, I'm gonna fiddle with it. There has to be a sweet spot that makes it tuck up really nice.
The old style LPP's did not have a merge collector. they look identical to me other than that though and the added merge spike inside the collector.
Once I get pics, I'm going to post my old LPPs up for sale too. They are in perfect condition other than miscoloring from being run on the car. If anyone is interested, pm for a really good deal
I'm getting ready to order my LPP headers and true dual system and had a question about the AIR. The LPP headers don't have the AIR, so what did you have to do to install them. My friend is helping me with the install and the headers he put on had the AIR, so he wasn't sure if anything special has to be done. Thanks.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:39 PM
12 Second Club

cant go wrong with LPP headers..... no complaints here
Old 03-15-2010, 01:42 PM
On The Tree

just installed a set of LPP's a few days ago... i havent been able to take it out since.. its still up on jack stands ready to come down after work today... The fitment of these are really tight.. just make sure you have heat wrap... lots of heat wrap... on the drivers side.. it runs right under the brake and fuel lines... about 1/2in in one spot and 1/16in in another... it is not touching anything but it is close to the k member and torque arm.. cant wait to get it out of the garage tonite... with open y.. have to go to the exhaust shop to finish the y to muffler connection... and op i thought youre not supposed to really run the car with headers on w/o a tune?.. thats what i was just told... i just put a new spec 2+ clutch in.. so i have to wait for the break in period to play with my car ..
Old 03-15-2010, 04:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

im glad to hear u had no fitment issues
Old 03-15-2010, 06:59 PM
dug
Banned

would love to see some pics and soundclip
Old 03-15-2010, 08:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dug
would love to see some pics and soundclip
x2! Good to hear they fit well.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
I'm getting ready to order my LPP headers and true dual system and had a question about the AIR. The LPP headers don't have the AIR, so what did you have to do to install them. My friend is helping me with the install and the headers he put on had the AIR, so he wasn't sure if anything special has to be done. Thanks.
you would just need to !AIR. Its real simple may throw a SES code but you can get it tuned out.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...oval-pics.html

Post up some pics of the LPPs glad to hear there were no fitment issues. What did u pay for them?

Quick Reply: Just finished installing new style LPP headers/ory