Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the most quiet muffler you an put in a Mufflex catback?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the most quiet muffler you an put in a Mufflex catback?

I am purchasing a car with lt's and y-pipe and a Mufflex catback with a Spintech muffler. What can I swap in it's place that will be more quiet and not cost me horsepower? It is supposed to be pretty loud. I am going to daily this car and don't want to be a nuisance to my neighbors and don't want ringing ears.

Thanks Guys...
Old 11-24-2009, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

None. Nobody makes a direct replacement muffler for that catback, other than what Mufflex offers.

My Spintech was really quiet. I hated it. I put on the single out Flowmaster and it was much louder. Depending upon the power level you may want to just sell it and go with a 3" system. That Spintech muffler is HEAVY!
Old 11-24-2009, 03:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, well thanks. Maybe it was just the owner's opinion on it being loud. If it's quiet, I may be set. Thank you.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:28 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a SLP Dual/Dual catback behind headers and ory. That was too quiet for me at idle Switched out the SLP muffler for the spintech muffler used in the mufflex systems and think that muffler is the perfect compromise between too quiet and rediculously loud. I generally don't like loud exhausts and I'm really liking the deep and louder sound of the spintech over the SLP. Mufflex systems come with several different options and mufflers. If the one your getting is the single in, dual out design and it's the spintech muffler like I just installed, you might like it alot. Give it a chance.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Dynomax superturbo's really quiet.