Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCE Gaskets - New Copper Exhaust Gaskets

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 10:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCE Gaskets - New Copper Exhaust Gaskets

Stock GM gaskets were not sealing 100% due to some "irregularities" in my LT header flanges. I bought a set of copper exhaust gaskets made by SCE to correct the problem.

When I got ready to install them I noticed they were only 1 5/8" holes. I called SCE and told them that most LS1 aftermarket headers use 1 3/4" primaries and that the 1 5/8" werent going to cut it.

I was amazed at the response I got from their customer service, they informed me that they would "punch out" a set of 1 3/4" gaskets and add a new part number to their gasket line for us LS1 folks. Well 3 weeks later and here they are. That is some great service!!

Just wanted to share my experience with SCE and spread the new part number around to any of you who might be needing copper exhaust gaskets.

1 5/8 Part Number: 4019
1 3/4 Part Number: 4119
Old 12-12-2003, 11:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used their 3" copper collector gaskets for years. Never have a problem with leaks.

GM header gaskets are VERY good. Surprised you had a problem with them.
Old 12-12-2003, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

Chris, what kind of headers are they?
Old 12-12-2003, 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

QTP stainless. (Kick *** headers by the way!!) They are the last batch from Barry's previous fabricator. The flanges were not level. Probably one of the reasons for QTP's fabricator switch. They arent that far off, its just that the stock GM's are a few thousandths too thin for the few high spots. You cant hear any leaks and there is no visible external sooting until you pull the header off, then you can see were it has minor blow-by across the gasket and flange faces.

The thicker SCE will remedy that problem though.

Quick Reply: SCE Gaskets - New Copper Exhaust Gaskets