Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF reading wayy too high....

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAF reading wayy too high....

Ok i swapped an LS6 into my FD. Its been running great for the tail end of the summer however one time i was ripping on the ring road and going out of 6th on an off ramp my car pretty much shut itself off.. I sat there for a bit tried to start it and it sounde3d like it was running on 2 cylinders and bogging out and would die. I umplugged the maf and started up and rad decent enough to get it home..
dissconnected the battery overnight and plugged in the maf and the next day it worked fine..about a week later same sorta thing at a high speed coming out of 6th again i went into 5th and it dies on me again this time in rush hour traffic..after being pissed off i quickly popped the hood and unplugged the maf again to get it home..
WEnt throught the same battery sequence to reset any codes and the next day it worked again.
After i dusted a turbo civic ond day my car started running super super rich and popping once and a while. If i try to give it some good throttle it will bog itself out and pop out the pipes..
i got my hands on a new maf for cheap and installed it but the same thing is there..
My buddy works at davenport the corvette shop in calgary so i popped in and we hooked it up to see what was going on and my maf was reading a retarded amount of air going into my car even at idle instead of 4-7 gms/sec at idle it was up in the 47 range which is maxing out my injectors causing the car to sputter and bog..with it hooked up we reved it and the maf is still scrolling up propper but has the initial setting of way too much air going in when its not.
Hopefully someone can help or has known of a simular problem i have checked the wires and they seem ok and voltages are proper at the plug on the maf. its just odd witht he scenario i had and how it randomlly just happened..
thanks guys..