Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

edelbrock elbow fitting.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 11:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default edelbrock elbow fitting.

On a stock hood what kind of elbow will fit on a vic jr intake.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by franksaltz28
On a stock hood what kind of elbow will fit on a vic jr intake.
Edelbrock makes an ultra low profile elbow that fits under a stock hood and doesn't require cutting the cowl. Here's a pic.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...-1&showValue=1
Old 11-28-2009, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by taqwache
Edelbrock makes an ultra low profile elbow that fits under a stock hood and doesn't require cutting the cowl. Here's a pic.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...-1&showValue=1
that may be true but it has been said that this elbow will kill any potential the manifold has. not speaking from exp so i'm in for an answer
Old 11-29-2009, 02:20 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by outkast6991
that may be true but it has been said that this elbow will kill any potential the manifold has. not speaking from exp so i'm in for an answer
Yea i agree with you on that. Is there any other elbow that will fit under the hood. i dont care if i have to cut the cowl a little.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can speak with experience on that. The ultra low profile elbow NA is only good for about 400crankshaft hp and that’s it. I have one on my LS3 GMPP carb style manifold. The GM manifold is about a half inch shorter then the LS3 Vic JR manifold. On my shorter manifold it has about a quarter inch of clearance from the factory cowling and lots of room under my factory WS6 hood. If you go to a Wilson or one of the high flow Edlebrock elbows, it will work better. The best thing to do when running these manifolds is to drop the large single barrel style TB that requires the elbow/adapter to fit on these manifolds, and to go with a 4 barrel style TB like Accufabs and a carb hat on top. The straight tubes in the 4 barrel TB will straighten the air flow out before it enters the plenum allowing for a more even air flow to the ports. The biggest problem with the better elbows and the 4 barrel TB is room. You will have to cut and remove some of the hood and the cowling. This is something I refuse to do. That is why I went back to the stock LS3 manifold with a Fast 92mm TB. It seams to drive better, has better low end power, and believe it or not it makes noticeable more power up top then my old ultra low profile elbow/carb style intake did. Now if I had a all out race car that I did not mind chopping up, then I would go to the carb style manifold with the 4 barrel Accufab TB in a heart beat.

Long story short, my experience has shown me I make more power down low and up top with the stock LS3 manifold over my ultra low profile elbow set up and it has better drivability characteristics.

My set up is a 408 iron blocked bottom end with ported LS3 heads and stock LS3 intake in a 02 WS6.

Good luck.