Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

motor mounts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 11:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motor mounts?

im replacing my motor mounts on my 98 Z28 camaro, my problem is when i put the new oem shell w/ mount in it doesnt line up to the block. the 4 bolts that hold the shell to block dont line up, my question is does anyone have any tips for this or maybe some pictures of where they pried on the motor? ive tried everything and i cant seem to get it. thanks.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do you have the tabs facing up? Maybe it is supposed to go on the other side of the car.

Anyone know about this?
Old 12-18-2009, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

i finished it, i had to pry the mount into place, it doesnt matter what side the mounts go on you just have to use some finesse and dont rush, i took the alternator out to make some room, i had to have someone help me while i pried on the mount and they lined the bolt back up, i couldnt get the prothane poly mounts to fit for some reason so i bought a oem one from GM for $96. but i have the prothane ones for sale if someone needs them ill let them go for 70. let me know.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Glad it worked out