Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help. why wont my car start?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 05:54 PM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default need help. why wont my car start?

hey, today i tried to start my car and it wouldnt start. my gas gauge was on E so i figured maybe it was out. i got some more gas and put it but it still wouldnt start. sprayed some starting fluid in the tb and it fired up an ran good all the way to school. i get outa school and go to start my car and its dead. the dash lights wont even come on. get a jump box and after cranking it a while it fires and then runs good. get home and shut it off and then go to start it up to go to work and it starts right up and runs good. then i leave work and the battery is dead again but not totally dead. jump box it again and it cranks for a while and finally starts. but then once its running it runs perfect. then i just went out to start it and it turns over but wont start and then the starter gets stuck but it doesnt start. i tried taking the key out puttin it in gear a little, nothing. finally i disconnectd the battery. i havnt tried it again yet.
what do you think i wrong with my car?
yesterday evrything was perfect. it has been in the teens/low 20 degrees yesterday and today if that would affect anything.
thanks
Old 12-17-2009, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it sounds like your battery is on its last leg, drive to an auto parts store and have them check your battery
Old 12-17-2009, 08:08 PM
8 Second Club

but would a dead battery cause the car to start really hard even when i have a jump box hooked up?
Old 12-17-2009, 08:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes it would
Old 12-18-2009, 10:00 AM
8 Second Club

battery is def shot, had to jump it, but it still cranked for a while and wouldnt start so i had to spray some starting fluid in the tb. why would the car not be getting fuel right off to start?