Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pacesetter y pipe...

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 10:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pacesetter y pipe...

Hey guys I got me a set of pacesetter LT headers and now I need to get a y pipe. I'm not real sure where the best place is to buy it from though. Any of you had any luck with the sponsor "Speed Tweekerz" ? They have it right now for 129 free shipping. sounds like a hell of a deal I just wanted to make sure they were legit.

Thanks
Old 12-20-2009, 12:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you need a Y-pipe, I would look at the upgraded version of Texas Speeds Catted and Off Road Y-pipes.

Here is a link to the catted version.
http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=189&catid=45

They also have an ORY (without the cats) that is built with the same Flowmaster Merge for $129.00. I believe that doesn't include shipping, but if I were you, I'd give them a call and see if they could hook you up with a deal. The TSP Y's are definitely better flowing exhaust than the Pacesetter ORY.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would just look into the TSP y pipe. i also believe its cheaper. but im running pacesetters with the pacesetter ory and i have no issues or problems at all.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Pacesetter y-pipe is good I have had no issues but if I had to do it again I would look into the TSP pipe
Old 12-20-2009, 07:31 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It can be hit or miss with fittament on some cars. Who knows why,TSP's mate up the majority of the time with no issues. Sometimes the best route is to have a shop fab one for you that will work without a doubt. $129 seems like a solid deal though.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would opt for a custom piece. The Pacesetter is decent, I've had it on for 3yrs but I will change it out eventually for one with the Flowmaster merge. If you have a good shop it won't cost much more to do and can be better fit to your car. Plus it will help eliminate some of the drone and raspiness.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:23 AM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

If you buy the TSP Y-pipe, go ahead and find yourself a local muffler shop to flare the 2 pipes that connect to the header collectors. 19 out of 20 of those I install, require flaring to fit. Especially if the headers are coated.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:35 PM
Staging Lane

Will the TSP or pacesetter catted Y pipes pass a visual inspection for emissions?
Old 12-20-2009, 12:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bandit-00
Will the TSP or pacesetter catted Y pipes pass a visual inspection for emissions?
Well here in Chattanooga, TN it just has to have cats on it (real or fake you choose) and it should pass as long as you aren't throwing codes. But every place is different.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:02 PM
Staging Lane

There's really no exhaust shop I would trust around here to make a custom y pipe. And I really don't want to have to modify a y pipe just to fit over my headers. I have pacesetter headers so I feel I need to get a pacesetter y pipe. I just wanted to see if anyone had bought from Speed Tweekerz. I'm sure if they are a sponsor they would be fine to buy from.
Thanks
Old 12-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Staging Lane

i bought mine from there took a little while for it to get to me but to answer your question yes they are legit.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have had our Catted-y pass on customers cars in CA so I don't see why it wouldn't pass a visual inspection in TN.

We recently redesigned both our ORY and Catted-Y's to have both better fitment and a smoother merge. The merge alone is a big improvement IMO. At the same price of the Pacesetter and more adjustability it is a very nice addition to their headers. I have installed several of our y-pipes on customers cars without a problem. The headers are a little snug on coated headers but nothing too crazy and I will take the snug fit over exhaust leaks any day.

If you are set on a Pacesetter ORY we have them on the shelf as well and can ship today!

Jon
Old 12-21-2009, 10:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not to hijack but jon what y pipe would you recomend for a 3.5" collector, its on edelbrocks stepped headers, edelbrock makes a y but it goes right back down to a 3 inch like 3 inches in...
Old 12-23-2009, 01:34 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by t/a98
not to hijack but jon what y pipe would you recomend for a 3.5" collector, its on edelbrocks stepped headers, edelbrock makes a y but it goes right back down to a 3 inch like 3 inches in...
For something like that you would probably have to have a custom one made at a local shop. I dont know of any sponsor or shop that has those on the shelf.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:22 PM
On The Tree

Jon - any dyno comparisons available between the Pacesetter and Texas Speed y-pipes?

Bird
Old 12-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

any clearance issues with the tsp y pipe?
Old 01-02-2010, 02:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jon@Texas-Speed
We recently redesigned both our ORY and Catted-Y's to have both better fitment and a smoother merge. The merge alone is a big improvement IMO. At the same price of the Pacesetter and more adjustability it is a very nice addition to their headers. I have installed several of our y-pipes on customers cars without a problem. The headers are a little snug on coated headers but nothing too crazy and I will take the snug fit over exhaust leaks any day.

Jon
Jon you guys should update the ORY pic on your web site. I never knew you had a better merge like the Flowmaster on there. I was going to go with a custom Y-Pipe just so I could have the better merge. Now that I know you use the better merge I have no problem buying this Y-Pipe. Thanks!

PS. It would be awesome if you put your 1 7/8's f-body headers/Y-Pipe combo on sale for tax time. Maybe free shipping or something I'm gonna see if I gain any lost power I have through my 1 3/4 Pacesetters and TSP catted Y-Pipe. I think I should be able to pick up a few ponies.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CobraKllr_99
any clearance issues with the tsp y pipe?
if you still have the stock ride height, you shouldn't have any clearance issues. i dropped the front an inch and it only scrapes on steep speed bumps and inclines. most are avoidable if you're careful.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Staging Lane

well I went with the pacesetter y pipe. Got it today! Hopefully do the swap in a few weeks.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:23 AM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Damian
If you buy the TSP Y-pipe, go ahead and find yourself a local muffler shop to flare the 2 pipes that connect to the header collectors. 19 out of 20 of those I install, require flaring to fit. Especially if the headers are coated.
I had to do that with the Pacesetter Y as well.