Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swapping Intake Manifolds

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Swapping Intake Manifolds

Guys, I was wondering if someone with limited experience like myself can change an intake manifold. Is it a hard job? I know theres a pretty good write up on ls1howto.com that shows how to do it but im a little scared that ill screw something up. Any advice?
Old 12-25-2009, 01:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

take it slow and watch what your doing, be careful pulling the intake manifold as you don't want to break the MAP sensor or the Oil Sending Unit . . . and make sure you have all the right tools before swapping!!!! did you get new gaskets also?
Old 12-25-2009, 01:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its a pretty simple job all you need is basic hand tools just follow the steps to the write up and you will be fine most people worry about the oil pressure switch that sits behind the intake but just be careful when taking the intake off and when installing the new one and you will be okay.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:05 PM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

prepare for a lot of busted knuckles, trying to get the bolts under the cowling and make sure to pull the vacum hose off of the master cylinder
Old 12-25-2009, 03:16 PM
...with cheese.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a good simple job to take the first step on. You'll have a little trouble with it, but like they said, take it slow and learn from it. Make sure you're careful not to drop anything in the intake ports when the manifold comes off. Best of luck.