Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock Carb Intake - What coolant lines to use?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edelbrock Carb Intake - What coolant lines to use?

I was interested in knowing what everyone was doing with the coolant lines to connect steam ports on the heads. My 2000 LS1 motor did not come with the intake or coolant lines. I am carbing it, and need to decide on what setup to use. Edelbrock recommends to use the LS6 style setup, which blocks off the rear ports, and only connects the front ports. A buddy of mine says that if GM designed a block off for the rear ports, what could be wrong with it? I know some guys don't recommend this. What setup are the carbed guys running? This motor is going to be installed in a 1956 Chevy truck, and will be driven almost daily, so I want reliability. These are some part numbers somebody posted earlier in another post.

12602548 Coolant crossover pipe LS3
12602540 Coolant Caps (need 2 if your going to block off the rear)
11588714 Coolant pipe/cap bolts (need 4 or buy M6 x 1.0 x 30mm bolts from a local source)
12551933 Coolant Seals, Head (need 4)

Any help or opinions would be grately appreciated, Thanks!
Old 01-02-2010, 12:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

get a coolent tube setup form a 97-00 LS1.

The all 4 corners one front port, connect that to a port under you rad. cap. Or if you dont have one on your swap, rad. Tap a fitting on the WP near the Tstat housing.

more info in here
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...ap-faqs-2.html

Quick Reply: Edelbrock Carb Intake - What coolant lines to use?