Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which motor mounts should I get?
Stock Mounts
11.11%
Energy Suspension Mounts
5.56%
Poly Mounts
72.22%
Solid Mounts
11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

What motor mounts to get?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 04:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What motor mounts to get?

What kind of motor mounts should I get? I see there are Energy Suspension, Poly, Stock, or Solid mounts. What are ya'll using?
Old 01-02-2010, 04:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i put poly mounts on when i did my long tubes. i noticed a great improvement over stock but my stockers had about 100k miles on them so they need to be replaced anyway.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

All my cars have solids... and I am never looking back. Reaction time and the extra added oil pan clearance is great! Polys gave me no improvement over the stock rubber mounts so I gave them away after paying full price for them.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

if its a daily driver, i would go with stock/poly mounts. for a track car, solid
Old 01-02-2010, 09:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mike135531bubba
if its a daily driver, i would go with stock/poly mounts. for a track car, solid
Have you ran either?

Solid motor mounts and dont look back. Ive got them with my HUGE came and they are perfect. Nowhere near as bad as people think (most of which have never used them and dog them).
Old 01-03-2010, 06:52 AM
On The Tree

if you like your car the way it is right now with stock rubber mounts, do not get poly.
Dont let people here tell you otherwise, the tolerances for vibrations are different for everybody.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 98TAjwh
i put poly mounts on when i did my long tubes. i noticed a great improvement over stock but my stockers had about 100k miles on them so they need to be replaced anyway.
To the o.p, If you read this post clearly^^^^ you will see that the polys were an improvement on worn out stockers. If the stockers would have been in good condition I don't think he would of "noticed a great improvement over stock". It would have been the same. I am not trying to bash or trash 98TAjwh but just giving the o.p more info on to what works. I daily drive my car(s) and I love the solids.

This was posted by pntball309---
Solid motor mounts and dont look back. Ive got them with my HUGE cam and they are perfect. *****(Nowhere near as bad as people think most of which have never used them and dog them).
Old 01-03-2010, 12:15 PM
On The Tree

i have poly's and had them put on when i had my longtubes installed. i like em
Old 01-03-2010, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

if you go with solids, good luck with any transmission work. I voted poly mounts
Old 01-03-2010, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I put polys in mine. I have LPP headers and they rest of the motor mount. I should have went solids so this didnt happen. I wouldnt go stock, they will wear out again, I think polys will last the lifetime of the car.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I drive the car everyday, so right now it has 176K and the stock mounts are still in it. So I think when I do the headers it will be a good idea to throw some mounts in there also.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:20 PM
12 Second Club

I say poly
Old 01-03-2010, 06:27 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Go poly
Old 01-03-2010, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I did poly motor mounts and noticed NO INCREASE IN VIBRATION WHAT SO EVER! I am also using the stock tranny mount though. When I put the energy suspension trans mount in it vibrated like a bitch inside the car.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Unertl42
if you go with solids, good luck with any transmission work. I voted poly mounts
What do you mean?^^ Why would you have problems working with the transmission. I have a poly trans mount but it is a must when running solids,. I have dropped my transmission about 3 times now for clutch issues.(slipping) I have had no problem working on my transmission after the solids. The same as stockers.. but then again if you are a novice to working on cars then everything is difficult. It is only as hard as you make it.

Originally Posted by Mart00SS
I did poly motor mounts and noticed NO INCREASE IN VIBRATION WHAT SO EVER! I am also using the stock tranny mount though. When I put the energy suspension trans mount in it vibrated like a bitch inside the car.
Another example of "no diffrerence made after poly's" He say's he felt "NO INCREASE IN VIBRATION WHAT SO EVER!"
This means they perform the same as stockers!

As far as after adding the poly trans mount I too felt more vibration but it's after talking to another member here where he suggested putting a piece of rubber inbetween the poly mount and the trans before bolting it up. It felt 100x better and the vibration went away.
Another post even admits to wishing he had gone with solids after doing his long tubes becuase they were resting on his polys! No good! LoL! Everyone hates on the solids but yet they have never personally used them. They just follow the crowd. Like my sergeant once told me " you are either a leader or a follower" I chose to lead!
Old 01-05-2010, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dgcustomz
What do you mean?^^ Why would you have problems working with the transmission. I have a poly trans mount but it is a must when running solids,. I have dropped my transmission about 3 times now for clutch issues.(slipping) I have had no problem working on my transmission after the solids. The same as stockers.. but then again if you are a novice to working on cars then everything is difficult. It is only as hard as you make it.

Another example of "no diffrerence made after poly's" He say's he felt "NO INCREASE IN VIBRATION WHAT SO EVER!"
This means they perform the same as stockers!

As far as after adding the poly trans mount I too felt more vibration but it's after talking to another member here where he suggested putting a piece of rubber inbetween the poly mount and the trans before bolting it up. It felt 100x better and the vibration went away.
Another post even admits to wishing he had gone with solids after doing his long tubes becuase they were resting on his polys! No good! LoL! Everyone hates on the solids but yet they have never personally used them. They just follow the crowd. Like my sergeant once told me " you are either a leader or a follower" I chose to lead!
I have a ginormous cam, ack hem, MS4. The stock mounts with 65K ish miles on it. It is tearing my car apart with the stock mounts. The exhaust is hitting everything at idle and I am going to replace them as soon as my tax return comes in. Before the cam, I had no internal squeaks/rattles/etc. Now my damn rear hatch has the infamous squeal, SO ANNOYING!!

Solids is your vote I see, what are the specifics on the trans you were speaking of that helped you out so much? Also which solids did you purchase from/fabricate? Just wanting to do it right.

This is my DD, but I would figure solids would help me out even more than the stockers for the fact that the weight of the car will help calm the engine shake some, and hopefully quiet the exhaust somewhat - the rear hatch, I am at a loss.