Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, No power to anything.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 01:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, No power to anything.

OK like the title says I have no power to anything. I turn the key and nothing happens. Battery is obviously the 1st suspision but it is good checks ok. I am at some sort of a loss. I cant even turn on a dome light. I checked the connections and all are good. I was recently in a front end collision and got my car all fixed. When I got the car back I had no problems. I contacted the shop and they said they didnt remove anything electrical except for the headlight. My car is at work and I am at home. I need some advice as what to try eith the car. I need to get the car home and will have to tow tomorrow, if I cant get it started. The only indicator that i had that something was off with the car is that the tripometer has reset 3 times in the past week, including this AM and now the car wont start. When I removed the battery cable and then re install it almsot resets and then I can turn on accesories until I turn the key to start and then all of everything will not work. Right after I disconnected the gauges went all screwey and were reading 8k rpms and fallng and 150mph and falling when the car was off, that only happened one time. Please help me!
Old 01-04-2010, 01:27 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would be willing to say that the collision had something to do with this. Or atleast the place that "fixed" it. Tow it back to that shop and tell them to figure it out. Clearly they crossed something up, or the impact barely moved something just enough to dislodge a critical cable. Go back over all the connections first though.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

That is what I was thinking. I took my wifes car back to work and some tools. I pulled the bat and took to autozone. Bought an ign switch. Got bakc to my car and installed batt. Checked all fuses and fusable links again. Sat in car and gave it another try and fired up. Either a fuse wiggled loose or the batt terminals were not on properly. Either way it starts again. It reset my computer and now it is idling high. I have my cats and egr removed and still havent gotten tuned. The CEL hasnt come on yet and I am thinking once the light goes on the idle will calm down. It is at 180 and slowly goes back to 750-800. I can live with that till I get it tuned.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:00 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It is just re-learning your idle. IF your cammed and untuned it can be a bit unsettling for a moment. Most of those collision places don't do anything more than they have to anyway. Something probably loosened up on impact and they just fixed the headlight and paint...or whatever. No telling what else got re-arranged that they just overlooked because it appeared fine. I had similar experience with my Audi A6. Front end impact and it knocked the fuel line off intank!

Glad you got it fired up. I would still do a wiggle test on everything electrical though once you get home.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by southernculture
That is what I was thinking. I took my wifes car back to work and some tools. I pulled the bat and took to autozone. Bought an ign switch. Got bakc to my car and installed batt. Checked all fuses and fusable links again. Sat in car and gave it another try and fired up. Either a fuse wiggled loose or the batt terminals were not on properly. Either way it starts again. It reset my computer and now it is idling high. I have my cats and egr removed and still havent gotten tuned. The CEL hasnt come on yet and I am thinking once the light goes on the idle will calm down. It is at 180 and slowly goes back to 750-800. I can live with that till I get it tuned.
Where are the fusable links located?
Old 03-03-2010, 09:56 AM
On The Tree

they are on the drivers side right in the corner behind the light, sorry for the late response