Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 02:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spark plugs

so im putting in a new set of plugs into my SS and for the most part it was easier than i thought it would be. with one exception. i cant get the #4 plug started into its hole. everything else was almost easy, but not this one.

does anyone have any tips or ticks?
Old 01-30-2010, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Use your fingers "only" to get it started. You can put it into the spark plug socket and try to start it by hand. Some people use a short piece of rubber hose over the plug to get it started. Just don't cross thread it. If you can't get it, walk away for a while, then try again.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GOT IT!!!! for anyone who cares, i used a everyday 16mm deep socket and a piece of 5/16 rubber hose. first i cut the hose to about half an inch long, then i cut about 1/4 of the side of it out. put the 'hose' into the socket and it was just enough friction to hold the plug into the socket, but loose enough to slip the socket off the plug once i got it started. the socket provided enough girth for me to turn it in the tight spot it was in.

Quick Reply: spark plugs