Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

your thoughts on header replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 10:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default your thoughts on header replacement

hello folks
I want to know what your thoughts are about what Im considering doing.
right now I have pacesetter headers and a crappy Y pipe with magnaflow spun cats.
I was considering going with ARH and Y pipe for my setup. The things is I am not sure if I should get the 2 inch or the 1 7/8 inch header.

what are the pros and cons for each one on my particular set up?

would I see better performance if I did the swap or should I not even bother?
Old 02-04-2010, 01:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if thats your setup in your sig I think you will gain alot of horsepower by going from pacesetters to american racing headers. Pacesetters are a budget header that gives good gains but AR headers are better in every category. I would go with the 1 7/8's maybe the 2" but that may be overkill. Get a nice Y pipe/ cutout or 3" duals and I bet you would pick up 25 rw hp/tq all across the board.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98hc4mula
hello folks
I want to know what your thoughts are about what Im considering doing.
right now I have pacesetter headers and a crappy Y pipe with magnaflow spun cats.
I was considering going with ARH and Y pipe for my setup. The things is I am not sure if I should get the 2 inch or the 1 7/8 inch header.

what are the pros and cons for each one on my particular set up?

would I see better performance if I did the swap or should I not even bother?
You will for sure gain power switching from Pacesetters to ARH headers. 1 7/8 should be sufficient but if you really want a little more top end power go with the 2" . There is a pretty good comparison on Camaro5.com about different header sizes, although the test was done on a stock car. If you have anyt other questions feel free to call us!
Old 02-04-2010, 02:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is my set up in the signature. I know I am probably chocking the motor with the headers and the y pipe that was "custom" made in a very bad way, the fab skills of the shot I took it basically messed it up.

So the main question is if I do the 1 7/8 and later I want to put a bigger engine, would that be ok or would I need a 2 inch at that point.

at what point does a 2 inch is necessary?