Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0332 Knock Sensor Code

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 11:49 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default P0332 Knock Sensor Code

I took a look at a 98' Camaro this morning and the car was in decent shape but while driving the check engine light came one. The owner checked the code at a local parts store and found it to be P0332, knock sensor for bank two. They say that both knock sensors were recently replaced on the car.

My question is is it common for the replacement sensors to go bad and should I avoid a car that has an issue with one? From what I understand they are located under the intake, how hard is it to pull and intake and replace these guys?

Thanks!
Old 02-05-2010, 11:53 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If they just replaced the sensors, then it could be an issue with corroded(ing) wiring or poor connections. It's easy enough to find and fix the issue that if you like the car, it should not be a major deterrent from buying it. The labor to pull the intake and get to the sensors is about (or in some people's cases less than) one hour.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!

Quick Reply: P0332 Knock Sensor Code