Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with a LS1 mac catback?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 12:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with a LS1 mac catback?

I have a 01 Z28 A4 with a MAC catback on it and i was thinking of getting a new catback like LM1 or the rumbler. But my wife was asking me if it will get alot louder when i do the long tubes and ory. i know most do but i have seen a few that didnt but none had the mac catback i live near dc like 15 mins and the cops are horrible and with the LM1 or the rumbler there is no visible muffler so i know i will be hounded. So over all i am trying to see if anyone on here has a mac catback with long tubes and if they do how does it sound. My wife was telling me if it was not going to sound good to get a flowmaster but i think i like the way the magnaflow looks and sounds. thanks for any input BUD
Old 02-15-2010, 06:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Macs not a very popular catback among the LS crowd. Btw if u keep your cats a LM1 shouldnt be bad, mine isnt.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would say get the Magnaflow, hooker aerochamber CB or a SLP dual dual without the cone of silence (basically the louder one)
Old 02-15-2010, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Your car will be extremely loud with longtubes, ORY and a loudmouth. If I were you I would keep the Mac and spend the money you would have spent on the loudmouth to get a really good set of longtubes.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the above setup- bbk longtubes with the mac catback and ory. It is very mellow at cruising almost like stock and it lets out a nasty growl at WOT. Overall I like it its not too loud just cruising or if your just accelerating with traffic but get it up past 3k and it starts to growl. I'll post vids up this weekend when I'm if youd like. It sounds like a flowmaster with lt's at idle but is quiet at cruise and sounds kinda like a hooker aerochamber with headers at WOT.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:12 AM
Staging Lane

would love to see the vids thanks i was looking at doing pacesetter or kooks just depends on the $ at the time with a off road y dont want cats my cousin can get my thru emissions and inspection being a state inspector lol
i am trying to figure out why mac catbacks arent popular with the ls1 crowd my friends dynoed like 15hp more with just the catback mod mine is tame at crusing but at wot it is loud as **** i am not much on flowmasters on a ls1 sound like everyother mustang lol i used to own foxbodys so i want to have the chevy sound lol thanks for everyones replys

Quick Reply: Anyone with a LS1 mac catback?