Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

header install... ? about AIR and EGR

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 11:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default header install... ? about AIR and EGR

Hey guys I'm about to do my pacesetter longtube header install and I was wondering if there was anything else I need to get so taht when I decide to start on the install I don't need to order more things to finish her up. I have an 01 ws6 so I don't have the EGR I believe but about the whole AIR thing should I just keep it? I have the spots for them on the headers but I was jsut wondering if it was a big pita or not. And also another question... i think my headers have the EGR fitting on them too. Do I need to order a block off plate if thats the case? Or can I just fab one up real quick that'll just block it off?
Old 02-17-2010, 01:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most if not all AIR and EGR questions answered here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...mount-faq.html

Compared to the header install, removing the AIR will be a walk in the park, the provisions on the headers will need block-offs if you delete the AIR system.

A homemade block off plate or a purchased block off plate will work the same on the EGR provisions. Use some RTV to get a good air tight seal when you put it on.