Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 02:50 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Exhaust Question

So, I need some headers and wanna change the exhaust. I defently wanna go with SLP's Loudmouth. now my question is with pacesetters fit right on? I don't want any problems but for money wise I wanna go wid pacesetters LT's.

If not, what long tube headers and Y pipe will fit directly on with the Loudmouth exhaust? I don't wanna custom any Y-pipe. and does the loudmouth run all the way to the bumper?

right now i'm catless and wanna stay that way. Also what does ORY stand for when referring to exhaust?

Thanks for help in Advanced
Old 02-20-2010, 03:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You gotta use the search. Everything you posted has been discussed hundreds of times. I will help you out anyway though
You can't go wrong with pacesetters for the money.
You should have no problem connecting any Y- to the loudmouth.
The loudmouth system goes all the way to the rear bumper
ORY stands for Off road Y-pipe/(no cats)
Old 02-20-2010, 06:59 AM
Launching!

I will take it a step further since I have personally been down this road. First of all, You should reconsider the Pacesetters. I have them on my car with their "armor coating" (supposedly so they wont rust), but this coating is BULLSHIT and WILL flake off. I live in VA so winters arent that bad here, not to mention I dont even drive the car that much and that coating is GONE on my headers. If I could go back and do it again, I would go with either ARH or the new revised LPP headers and ORY combo. Stainless is definately the way to go if u ask me. If u are hell bent on the Pacesetters, then DO NOT use the gaskets or fasteners they send with the kit. They are ****. I wrung two of those shitty bolts they sent me off when I was tightrning them down. I guess just reuse the stock bolts and get new GM gaskets and use plenty of antiseize.
However I WOULD NOT buy their ORY. I have it, and it's ****. I had to spend extra money to have a Flowmaster merge welded in place where the two pipes meet. Look into Texas Speed's NEW ORY with the Flowmaster merge already built into it. The Pacesetter's ought to line up with TSP's ORY (I would check with them first anyway). And yes, the SLP Loudmouth should work nomatter what setup you use, since its just a catback. Just take it 2 a decent exhaust shop if the **** doesnt line up, they"ll get u straight.
I hope this helps.

Last edited by ScrapinBye; 02-20-2010 at 07:04 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

it will fit on the stock y pipe and it will fit pacesetter y or other aftermarket ys. even if the pipes are 2 diff sizes just get a pipe expander done deal
Old 02-20-2010, 07:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by offroadfury6
So, I need some headers and wanna change the exhaust. I defently wanna go with SLP's Loudmouth. now my question is with pacesetters fit right on? I don't want any problems but for money wise I wanna go wid pacesetters LT's.

If not, what long tube headers and Y pipe will fit directly on with the Loudmouth exhaust? I don't wanna custom any Y-pipe. and does the loudmouth run all the way to the bumper?

right now i'm catless and wanna stay that way. Also what does ORY stand for when referring to exhaust?
Thanks for help in Advanced
The loudmouth will bolt up fine and ORY is Off Road Y
Old 02-20-2010, 07:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Let us know how long you keep that setup...

You ever hear LM1 and and ORY in person for an extended period of time?

I also have Pacesetters and the ORY, three years now and NO problems with the coating flaking, no issues with clearance when installing and no problems whatsoever with them not lasting. I do highly suggest getting new OEM GM gaskets though, I would not use the gaskets they send.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:03 AM
TECH Regular

money isan't an issue. I was only thinking pacesetter cause of price but really I can do any headers lol. u know what I mean? $800 dolla kooks v/s a $300 pacesetters, big differnce in price lol.

I tried the search but I couldn't find that same post I was reading the other nite.

oh crap and this reminds me, I gotta look into the Air/Egr crap. apon removal does it set an SES light?
Old 02-20-2010, 09:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

money isan't an issue. I was only thinking pacesetter cause of price but really I can do any headers lol. u know what I mean? $800 dolla kooks v/s a $300 pacesetters, big differnce in price lol.

I tried the search but I couldn't find that same post I was reading the other nite.

oh crap and this reminds me, I gotta look into the Air/Egr crap. apon removal does it set an SES light?
Yeah and big difference in quality and performance!

And, yes, if you are removing the AIR and EGR, you will set the SES codes. You will need to have those tuned out. Again, search is your friend. Try a little harder.......

Also, as someone mentioned above, have you even heard the Loudmouth with an Off Road Y?? Loud as **** comes to mind. Do you have a good relationship with your neighbors? You won't after!!
Old 02-20-2010, 07:04 PM
Launching!

just for reference, this is pacesetter lt's and ory, and slp loudmouth catback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaFlfk4_pWc
Old 02-20-2010, 09:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BAD2000TA
Yeah and big difference in quality and performance!

And, yes, if you are removing the AIR and EGR, you will set the SES codes. You will need to have those tuned out. Again, search is your friend. Try a little harder.......

Also, as someone mentioned above, have you even heard the Loudmouth with an Off Road Y?? Loud as **** comes to mind. Do you have a good relationship with your neighbors? You won't after!!
I like loud....for now atleast lol...this isant a DD, it's a project I'mma go ahead and order the LM1. i'mma do more research before I buy the headers though... Guess I'll look up that air/egr delete write-up tomorrow...

and thank you JASON00SS, that sounds right up my alley
Old 02-21-2010, 01:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I like loud....for now atleast lol...this isant a DD, it's a project I'mma go ahead and order the LM1. i'mma do more research before I buy the headers though... Guess I'll look up that air/egr delete write-up tomorrow...

and thank you JASON00SS, that sounds right up my alley
Hey why don't you get the Texas Speed Rumbler system, it's just the same as the loudmouth but I don't think it's Stainless but it cost like $200 less than the loudmouth at texas speed site. I don't know if you know but they are one of the sponsers to the right. Just throwing it out there.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:48 PM
Staging Lane

Ive had the loudmouth on 2 of my cars and it was fun at first but got anoying fast and also heard some negative comments fom people on the sound occasionally. On my last car I put the TSP rumbler on it was cheaper and sounded way better IMO....
Old 02-21-2010, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nauticalstar2012
Ive had the loudmouth on 2 of my cars and it was fun at first but got anoying fast and also heard some negative comments fom people on the sound occasionally. On my last car I put the TSP rumbler on it was cheaper and sounded way better IMO....
Offroadfury2 see there you have it. The proof is in the pudding. But these are our opinions. I have had a stock manifolds, w/no cats straight pipes and Loudmouth 1 and like the quote above said it was okay at first and fun but it did get annoying. With all the popping and farting and rasp and drone it did suck.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:57 PM
Teching In

im looking for a similair but quiet..all i keep hearing is magnaflow..is there anything else?
Old 02-21-2010, 06:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

the hooker cat-back has a great deep tone and is not really loud until you rip on it, I had it on my third gen camaro with shorty headers and no cat and had it on my ws6 with pacesetter long tubes and ory until now I am going true duals with an x-pipe, loved the sound but just looking for something new since I have been running the same cat-back set up for 9 years lol
Old 02-21-2010, 06:38 PM
Teching In

I just put the Hooker 1 3/4 on last weekend and they fit GREAT!!!!
Old 02-21-2010, 08:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by thewholefnshow1
Offroadfury2 see there you have it. The proof is in the pudding. But these are our opinions. I have had a stock manifolds, w/no cats straight pipes and Loudmouth 1 and like the quote above said it was okay at first and fun but it did get annoying. With all the popping and farting and rasp and drone it did suck.
I do like cheaper lol...now the TSP rumbler exhaust, how loud is it? does it compare to the LM1's sound quality?
Old 02-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Staging Lane

The placement of the muffler and oreintation is almost identical to the loudmouth. But for some reason it has a more refined sound, its still loud but has less pops,cracks, and offensive after thought sounds. In my opinion its a cheaper more advanced loudmouth, and for the price of the tsp setup if you arent happy with the sound you can put in a different muffler and still be on par price wise with the slp unit.
I do like cheaper lol...nowexhaust, how loud is it? does it compare to the LM1's sound quality?
Old 02-22-2010, 08:00 AM
Launching!

although i do like the sound of my setup, i have a magnaflow bullet sitting in the garage waiting to be installed, hoping that will smooth out the rasp and popping/cracking
Old 02-22-2010, 02:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

its all what you want.. i have tsp headers and there ORY with a cutout and magnaflow and I love it.. some people hate cutouts some people love them. just watch videos and go to that one website with all of the exhaust soundclips. otherwise you will get 400 different opinions.