Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Totaled SS - New Exhaust Setup

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 09:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Totaled SS - New Exhaust Setup

Bought back my totaled 02 SS and I need a new exhaust system. My setup includes Hooker headers with Y pipe and its cammed. I had a Bassini system before but it was a little too loud and there was a lot of rasp. Hate that rasp. Any suggestions on a new exhaust and possibily other suggestions to improve power and sound?
Old 02-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Teching In

Running a good set of cats will help with the rasp, will quiet it down a bit and won't hurt your power. Not sure from the post if your Bassani was wrecked or not???
You will hear numerous opinions of what exhaust sounds the best - it is just so subjective. Best suggestion is if you hear an LS1 car that you like how it sounds, ask the owner what they are running for exhasut. Also
ls1sounds.com may help you decide.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:28 AM
Launching!

Cats and a flowmaster merge in the y pipe would help with the rasp. I've got the magnaflow catback and I really like it (heads and cam). I think SLP dual/dual, magnaflow or hooker would give you what you are looking for.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS199CAMAROZ28
Cats and a flowmaster merge in the y pipe would help with the rasp. I've got the magnaflow catback and I really like it (heads and cam). I think SLP dual/dual, magnaflow or hooker would give you what you are looking for.
I agree with what he said. Or you can put a bullet in the I-pipe and that should take out the rasp or at least majority of it. I know it helped me out with my GMMG Catback with Kook's LT's, Catted Y-pipe. It still had rasp with cats but I think that's because of the Y pipe merge. But now I have a the same Kook's LT's, Catted X pipe cause we cut the y-pipe and but the X there and bassani pipes into the GMMG Catback.