Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

issue with coil pack harness

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 06:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default issue with coil pack harness

I have been dealing with a random misfire P0300 code on my 98 Formula since i have had the car (month or so now) last night i had the car running great drove around for about an hour just having fun, today i changed the plugs, put some NGK Tr55's in it and i had put the coil pack harness on the driver said back in the clamps how it is supposed to be (long story as to why it was out) after that the car ran like crap, sputtered everything...
i was letting it idle and i just barely touched the coil pack harness connector and the car went crazy, then i sqeezed the connectors together a little bit and it started running great, if i wiggle it the car goes crazy again...i have 2 different coil pack harnesses both do the same thing so i am guess its in the engine bay harness connector...

what would be the best fix for this.. can i pull the wires out of the connector cut them shorter and reuse that connector, or how much of a PITA woud it be to change out the whole engine bay harness since the wiring the previous owner has in the car is not the greatest anyways...
Old 02-22-2010, 03:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Pull the pins out of the connector (use a MetriPak pick or a tiny screwdriver in thru the notch on the mating side to unlock each terminal/pin), look at how they work when the pin is pushed into them, you may have to carefully bend the inside so it makes better contact with the pin...

On each pin also check the crimp, make sure it shows no corrosion, and that is it is tight, and that the wire is not broken.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if there is green corrosion, can it be sprayed with cleaner, or does it need to be pulled out and sanded off?
Old 06-20-2010, 11:06 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Moved from internal III to external III.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thank you...

Quick Reply: issue with coil pack harness