Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Headlamp

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Headlamp

I just bought a 2000 WS-6 and the passenger headlamp was "loose". I had to pop the hood to turn on the lights and now the painted part of the headlamp has fallen off. The previous owner used some sort of adhesive to keep the painted part of the headlamp on. The lamp flips up and down fine so there's no issue there. I need to reattach the painted cover, but obviously if it was glued on something isn't right. Anyone have a clue what parts I need to order to fix this... ALSO the painted part came off while driving and looks like hell.... my car is pewter, if anyone wants to sell me parts to fix this issue let me know.

-Brandon
Old 03-06-2010, 10:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pic? tabs all there??
Old 03-06-2010, 10:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98PurpleT/A
Pic? tabs all there??
I'll take some pictures tomorrow and get em online.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:00 PM
12 Second Club

take it to a body shop, they have a strong adhesive to keep it were it blongs....
Old 03-07-2010, 06:38 PM
TECH Addict

Well the painted piece over the headlights is metal, and its actually bolted on not glued. I noticed one day on my car that 1 of the screws was missing, and another was very loose. I believe theres 4 total screws that hold that piece down, but make sure you get it aligned right so that it wont look crooked.

Also i took one of the screws to a local hardware store to buy one that i lost, as well as a few more. The screws and washers I bought are stainless steel, and actuall look pretty good on my black engine bay.
-Joel