Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing full exhaust system opinions needed.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 06:03 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing full exhaust system opinions needed.

Ok, here the full story....

Former owner of my car had put straight pipes in the stock y-pipe when the cats failed and then added a flowmaster catback exhaust on to the stock exhaust, rigging it up poorly and denting the over the axle piece almost in two.

I bought egay SS headers, and a pacesetters ory and occassionally the y-pipe would bang so I replaced the mounts with poly ones this weekend. Now basically the y-pipe and the rest of the exhaust are completely out of whack and vibrating the whole car because the stock mounts were completely torn, seperated and destroyed.

Here is where my options lay, car is a DD and will be retired this year to the shop to be repainted/new engine and just be a weekend car that I can take on the bandit run and drive to the track and make a few passes...

I will be purchasing a UMI k-member here shortly as well, the car has all tubular non adjustable suspension... so

I plan on purchasing pacesetter headers(already have y-pipe), and magnaflow complete catback, I will be putting my dmh cutout on this setup as well.

or I could go texas speed headers with their rumbler setup.... but Im worried that it will be extremely to loud, especially since I work thirds at the moment... I can always go true duals out the *** end of the car if I go this route though...

Any suggestions, comments etc is welcome.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

True duals all the way out back will always be eons ahead in sound than a y pipe setup. If ground clearance isn't an issue, do it!

Otherwise magnaflow and headers is the preffered quiet setup.

I would keep the eBay headers, all stainless and you save a few hundred bucks by not going pacesetters.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:57 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TImmy_Jones
True duals all the way out back will always be eons ahead in sound than a y pipe setup. If ground clearance isn't an issue, do it!

Otherwise magnaflow and headers is the preffered quiet setup.

I would keep the eBay headers, all stainless and you save a few hundred bucks by not going pacesetters.

When I changed the motor mounts, they fitment on them is also changed, they are very very close to the k-member now in one spot.

Im wondering if a UMI k-member would help.

EDIT. I would go LPP as well, im just paranoid of the UMI k-member as i have seen a couple of threads on here about issues with them hitting. I dont mind heating/denting a primary if I have too though. I just want to get a system that is very clean, quiet and I wont have to screw with again, I have a 400 BBP to get crackin on here soon.