Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 idles great but very rough under load condition

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 idles great but very rough under load condition

Hey guys,

Just took my car out for the 1st time in 5 years today for its 1st road test. Here's what happened.

The car idles super smooth @ 700rpm, but I cant get it to rev smoothly, it hesitates, shakes and runs like crap when I open the throttle. Its not trying to die tho, just runs really rough. Im getting 2 DTCs. P1514 and P1518.

P1514 --> TAC System MAF Performance
P1518 --> PCM to TAC module

Now, I had the PCM tuned for Speed Density by wait4me. I dont have any MAF. I know a defective MAF would propably cause something like Im experiencing right now, but whats up with the TAC part? Im using a cable operated TB. I dont have a TAC module and Im running a stock 02 SS tune which doesnt use a TAC module. Im at loss here...

Now I red that P1518 can be set if battery voltage is low. Battery voltage was very low at some point when I did all my tests, so maybe that was it. Ill charge the battery full tonight and try to delete it tomorrow.

Thats the only codes Im getting, what am I missing? Engine has 2 grounds to chassis using 0 gauge wires. My battery is relocated in the trunk and Im only using a 0 gauge ground from the battery to the body. I have none going to the engine itself, should I had one going all the way from the battery to the engine?

What would cause an engine to idle very smooth but running like crap under throttle condition? Its undrivable at the moment, its even worse under load condition (aka rear wheels turning).
Old 04-02-2010, 09:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

how the **** does it have a TAC module code if the PCM is out of an 02 f-body? i would try to get a hold of the guy that tuned it. if u can't then find another tuning guru...which this is the wrong section for.