Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

summitt racing 3" x pipe kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 06:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default summitt racing 3" x pipe kit

just wondering if anyone has used it with pacesetter long tubes and if there is alot of fabricating involved to make it fit? also how is the clearance with it?
Old 04-07-2010, 09:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

There is considerable fab work needed. I would suggest taking the kit to a muffler shop.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=01ssreda4;13151100]There is considerable fab work needed. I would suggest taking the kit to a muffler shop.[/QUOTE

what exactly needs to be reworked on it?
Old 04-07-2010, 10:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

turned out great for me until i lowered the car. Im still tweaking that freakin exhuast. even modified the floor pans...
Old 04-07-2010, 11:15 AM
TECH Regular

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I just got done with my dual set up and I used the summit 3" x-pipe. I had to add a couple inches of extensions to the front portion of the x I also wanted to gain ground clearance so I ran everything through a press to oval the pipe and tuck it closer to the floor, there was also a considerable amount of "adjusting" to the rear seat section of the floor to tuck my mufflers ( I am running straight through bassani mufflers from a 03-04 cobra). I finished it up last weekend but still have a bit more work to do to get it to fit up a little tighter to the body. Are you going to run bullets or mufflers? My buddy ran this same set up with moroso spiral flows and the only thing he did was add a couple of inches of pipe to get it to fit up front.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01boydws6
I just got done with my dual set up and I used the summit 3" x-pipe. I had to add a couple inches of extensions to the front portion of the x I also wanted to gain ground clearance so I ran everything through a press to oval the pipe and tuck it closer to the floor, there was also a considerable amount of "adjusting" to the rear seat section of the floor to tuck my mufflers ( I am running straight through bassani mufflers from a 03-04 cobra). I finished it up last weekend but still have a bit more work to do to get it to fit up a little tighter to the body. Are you going to run bullets or mufflers? My buddy ran this same set up with moroso spiral flows and the only thing he did was add a couple of inches of pipe to get it to fit up front.
hmm thats what i figured which side needed more material to meet up with the headers? and im running two borla xr1 mufflers
Old 04-07-2010, 07:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I added a 3"od to 3" id collector on each side to slip over my long tubes and then added about 4" or so to the other end of each side. You will also need to flatten part of the pipe on the driver side to clear the floor.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01boydws6
I added a 3"od to 3" id collector on each side to slip over my long tubes and then added about 4" or so to the other end of each side. You will also need to flatten part of the pipe on the driver side to clear the floor.
yea see im just concerned about the drivers side cause doesnt it need to be longer and kind of at an angle since it ***** out a little bit?