Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

catch can

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default catch can

is the catch cans off ebay ok? not to fimiliar with teh catch can and wasnt sure figure i would get one off there for cheap if any1 knows that they should work

thanks for any help
Old 04-22-2010, 12:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ive looked at catch cans on ebay too but im not too sure. Alot of the cheap ones have that little see through tube that runs down the side? Wondering whatp ppl will chime in with because im not sure either.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:01 PM
Teching In

i been searching also seems like rev something is the best one
Old 05-19-2010, 10:53 PM
TECH Regular

i have the saikoumichi dual cans and they work good... i heard rev was good also but i have no personal experience with them... you need one with some kind of internal baffling in order for it to be effective... if it's just a hollow can, which the ebay ones most likely are, then it isn't going to work much, if at all... there is a huge thread on catch cans i think it was started by LS6427... search for that one and it should answer all the questions you have
Old 05-19-2010, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

theres ones on summit for 20 bucks. plastic, but they're nhra approved.

unless this is for oil?
Old 05-20-2010, 05:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Catch Can

I tried one similar to a Rev can and it still let oil past. The baffle is so short that the oil can be sucked or blown right past it.

I did not buy another. I made one out of an A/C Accumulator. One of the Tubes inside the Accumulator goes to the Bottom. Thats the Air In port. Then the other port is all the way at the top. That goes to the PCV. I do not think any oil has exited this catch can.

Since it was a lil big ( off a wrecked 00 camaro ) I stuffed it under the Bumper by the Horns and the pet **** exits through the plastic under the bumper.

For the ports, I tapped them to 1/4 pipe thread for 3/8 hose nipples.

Latest one for my 01 TA, is a little smaller ( I think it's off a 96, 97 camaro that had a V6 ). I made a small aluminum bracket and mounted it to the head.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:34 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by neutron82
i have the saikoumichi dual cans and they work good... i heard rev was good also but i have no personal experience with them... you need one with some kind of internal baffling in order for it to be effective... if it's just a hollow can, which the ebay ones most likely are, then it isn't going to work much, if at all... there is a huge thread on catch cans i think it was started by LS6427... search for that one and it should answer all the questions you have

i did search it some but didnt have nothin on it bout the ebay catch cans
Old 05-20-2010, 07:34 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by kmracer
theres ones on summit for 20 bucks. plastic, but they're nhra approved.

unless this is for oil?
yea oil lol
Old 05-20-2010, 08:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Charlay
Ive looked at catch cans on ebay too but im not too sure. Alot of the cheap ones have that little see through tube that runs down the side? Wondering whatp ppl will chime in with because im not sure either.
Do you have any pictures? I was thinking about doing this same thing.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:09 PM
TECH Regular

sorry i had his screen name mixed up with someone else so that's prob why you couldn't find it haha... here's the link...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...outing-ok.html

also check out saikoumichi's website... their can is designed similar to how davidws6 explained... basically the inlet hose goes almost to the bottom of the can and has ports that let the vapor enter the can then the vapor must flow back up to the top of the can to exit but all in between that area is baffling material that breaks the oil back down and it will settle at the bottom of the can... and their cans have drains at the bottom so you never have to remove it from the car and they have a bracket that bolts directly to the passenger head, and they actually work... my intake and throttle body plate are spotless and dry