Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Are you interested in either of these products?
No
3.57%
Yes, the 4" single system
14.29%
Yes, the 3" duals system
32.14%
Yes, BOTH!
50.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

New Exhaust product (4" single, 3" duals w/TIPS), interest and comments needed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 12:03 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Default New Exhaust product (4" single, 3" duals w/TIPS), interest and comments needed!

Hello all!
I am a vendor over on CorvetteForum and looking to hop on board here soon if the interest is enough! I work with an exhaust company currently selling C5 products and have an idea for an f-body product I want to pitch over here to get your thoughts/comments/concerns and just general interest. Here it is:

*** All products ARE MADE IN THE USA and are made from high quality 321, yes 321 stainless steel, and all polished to a show quality chrome-like finish ***

1.) Single 4" catback. Include a new custom Y pipe, 3" into a single 4". Include a slip fitting to connect to the end of your y-pipe. This fitting will have a 2-bolt flange on the end of it like what is used on C5's for simple and easy exhaust removal without having to wrestle the damn pipes apart under the car at the Y pipe and the single 4" section! After the axel it will Y merge out into 2 3" pipes, each going into their own 3" muffler and then a tip (most likely nice high quality dual dual tips). Should be very free flowing for those big NA or FI street cars who are concerned for flow and power restriction but don't want to run dumped duals or have custom work done.

2.) Duals over the axel into tips. Will connect to the headers, X merge and run 2 3" pipes very close to each other for best possible ground clearance. Both pipes will run right next to each other over the passenger side of the axel. They will each go their own way after the axel each into their own 3" muffler and then the tips. Also, very free flowing for those higher HP NA or FI cars wanting a quality FULL exhaust system out the back without having to worry about restriction or high dollar custom work.

Once again, all systems are made from 321SS, polished to a show quality chrome like finish, and would be complete with all hardware.

Post up any thoughts/comments/interest, etc. Pricing would be VERY affordable and competitive. Simply in the gauging interest stage.

Would you be interest in this product? If so which one and why, or would you like to see both on the market? Thanks! If there is enough interest in one or both, the product will be developed to sell!

Here are some pictures of the C5 products to show you the quality, welds, finish, etc!

Thanks!
-Jon

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed

Last edited by Superman09; 04-21-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice work very clean..About how much are you thinking of charging? how much are you currently charging for the vette setups? you should think about building a true dual set up that ends as a cme..
Old 04-21-2010, 12:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be ALL for a 4inch just because of the cost but if the duals are a good deal I wouldnt mind either!
Old 04-21-2010, 12:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would be in for some 3 inch true duals that go over the axle and end with tips.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:18 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by fatmat80
Nice work very clean..About how much are you thinking of charging? how much are you currently charging for the vette setups? you should think about building a true dual set up that ends as a cme..
Catback systems for the C5 are currently $640 SHIPPED, which compare to Corsa for example at $1250..... CME would be nice, however it would only cater to a select few individuals with camaros where as regular set-ups would cater to all camaros AND trans ams..... Good option and a possible option for a few sets however! Keep the input flowing!

Pricing is hard to give as a developmental process hasn't even begun... but understand they will be very affordable for what you get!

Old 04-21-2010, 02:39 PM
TECH Regular

I would be in for dual 3" setup, again, if the price is right.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:45 PM
TECH Regular

Interested and subscribing...
Old 04-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Staging Lane

i have worked with this company and all of their products have an UNBELIEVABLE finish on them. and they fit great. i have helped install 2 sets of c5 headers and 2 cat backs on c5's and i do not have one complaint. the products are very high quality. and i have no doubt that the f body systems will be just as nice, to mention as AFFORDABLE as the c5 systems. i have a 99 camaro, with a custom exhaust that sounds amazing. but when and if this product comes out, i WILL be buying it.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

if there are true duals, I would buy them in a second...over the axle? YES!!!!
Old 04-21-2010, 04:24 PM
On The Tree

yeah if everything is right like price..sign me up for the 3' dual system..looks like great work
Old 04-21-2010, 04:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I voted both. I would probably prefer a dual 3" over the axle, however a single 4" depending on how it sounds would be awesome. I would be very interested in either. That said I have shorties and that would be a concern with the dual 3". Maybe an option for stock manifold/shorties? That I would be interested in. Price?
Old 04-21-2010, 04:34 PM
On The Tree

interested in the 4'' setup here
Old 04-21-2010, 05:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Breathing Fire
I voted both. I would probably prefer a dual 3" over the axle, however a single 4" depending on how it sounds would be awesome. I would be very interested in either. That said I have shorties and that would be a concern with the dual 3". Maybe an option for stock manifold/shorties? That I would be interested in. Price?
The point of this system over other available off the shelf catbacks would be flow, less restriction, so I really do not think the market would be there to jig it up to also mate with shorties or stock manifolds.... HOWEVER I am sure it would not be difficult to have an exhaust shop make piping to connect your shorties or stock mani's to this setup!

Old 04-21-2010, 05:30 PM
Teching In

I'm just chimng in to attest to the quality of the systems we're producing. I was on the developmental team for the C5 Products, one of my mantras was to kill the Corvette Tax and we work VERY hard on keeping cost down while not sacrificing quality.

If these go through to the production line, you guys will be pleased! Plus you're helping to design them!
Old 04-21-2010, 05:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

i want.............I WANT
Old 04-21-2010, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

Any plans for some long tubes for us f-body peoples?

BTW VERY NICE WELDS/FINISH/LOOK!!!
Old 04-21-2010, 06:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Superman09
The point of this system over other available off the shelf catbacks would be flow, less restriction, so I really do not think the market would be there to jig it up to also mate with shorties or stock manifolds.... HOWEVER I am sure it would not be difficult to have an exhaust shop make piping to connect your shorties or stock mani's to this setup!
Sweet still interested either way! Thanks.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like a 4" cat back. I already have a 4" I pipe with a elec cutout dump but for street its closed but then goes into my 3" over the axle pipe into a borla design with a SLP 2OTL muffler. I like it but want a complete 4" system...

For the right price/sound I'd sign up for it...
Old 04-21-2010, 06:20 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by RyanSws6
I'd like a 4" cat back. I already have a 4" I pipe with a elec cutout dump but for street its closed but then goes into my 3" over the axle pipe into a borla design with a SLP 2OTL muffler. I like it but want a complete 4" system...

For the right price/sound I'd sign up for it...
Upon further thinking, for the 4" system I have some changes since the main goal is to limit restriction. I will edit the initial post as well.

Most likely a different Y pipe would be needed since most all merge into a single 3" pipe right? Well then I would have to neck up and the 3" single section of the Y pipe would be a restriction.... I could make a 3" Y-pipe that merges (Y's) into a single 4" pipe that run out and over the axel splitting back into 2 3" pipes.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would give up a nut for the TD.... I already have three kids so WTF I don't need it anyway.....