Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

o2 help please

Old 04-24-2010, 02:21 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o2 help please

I got my denso o2s, and just recieved my racetronix teflon extensions (got long tubes and true duals). I was gonna install the o2s tomorrow as its such a fast simple install.

But, as I was reading through the ngk site as im looking for new plugs and wires I see this...

- M18 o2 sensors - Install finger tight then 1/2-3/4 turn with wrench / O2 sensor socket 26-33ft. lbs.
- M12 o2 sensors - Install finger tight then 3/4 - 1 turn with wrench / O2 sensor socket 13.2 -17ft. lbs.

Then it talks about when to use gaskets, or a flange, and all this crap.

QUESTION....

So does anyone know what torque i should screw the o2s?

Also, i dont have any gasket or a flange for each sensor, neither did my old ones, never thought you needed one but come to think of it without a gasket just like any other part of the exhaust, it could then leak right? I checked google and it seems alot of people have the flanges.

Can anyone chime in I wanna get this thing running asap

Last edited by SimRacer1; 04-24-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

should i just stop worrying about it and install the o2s without a flange or gasket and just judge the torque myself till its decently but not overly tight???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: o2 help please