Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to find these resonators?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 09:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where to find these resonators?

I'm looking for some resonators or something that will fit in place of the cats to change the tone and kill some of the rasp of my exhaust. Yes, I've thought of putting my cats back in. I was going to stick these resonators in place of the cats. Or if I can find some "slightly" larger ones to put before the exhaust tips. I need a new Y-pipe and was going to do some exhaust work to get my system to tuck up a little more.

here's a pic. this was on page 12 of the TD thread/sticky. I can't find them on the Kooks site.
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/7928/2q8c13r.jpg
Old 04-25-2010, 05:24 PM
TECH Veteran

The HW drone on my setup is bad. (LT, ORY + TSP rumbler catback) I've done a lot of insulating as well. I'll need gears here for the HW for 1: to keep it from bogging at 65 in 6th and 2: to get my RPM's to about 1900 doing 70 in 6th. The drone is bad at 65 in 6th thru about 70. the drone seems to disappear at about 1900rpm and that's where my fuel mileage is on the HW.

I don't think I'm gonna be able to find anything @ 3" in 3" out at 6-8" long. I've gotta call SLP and see if they still have an ORY replacement for their tuned length LTs. Mine is crushed and kind of rigged some cat delete pipes in there. This is serious budget work as I REALLY don't have money to replace my current exhaust like I would do if I had the money. I MAY see if I can get some Borla XR1's and put them on before the tips. I can get a local shop to weld the tips on to the mufflers.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:22 PM
TECH Veteran

BUMP

ideas??