Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed limiter delete without tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 07:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Speed limiter delete without tuner?

I just got my 2nd gen rx7 going the other day and I started banging through the gears only to find out that I hit the speed limiter in 5th gear at around 130.

I made my own device to delete VATS, I was wondering if anyone had made anything that would fool the PCM by changing the vehicle speed sensor signal.

As of now I don't have a speedometer since the T56 has an electric signal and the rx7 had a mechanical cable. (I'm just using GPS)

Even if anyone knows any information about the type of signal the VSS produces or what the PCM is looking for and why it needs it, the information would be appreciated.

Eventually I may get a tuner but for right now I don't really have the extra cash or any big reason to get one (if I can solve this issue).

Thanks
Old 04-25-2010, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are there any LS1 tuner shops in your area? I would call and ask if they would change it for you, I'll bet they would do it cheap or free. Might want to post the question in the 'eastern' regional section:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/eastern-members-56/

I think my speed limiter was set to 118mph from the factory, something like that. Got it fixed the first time I got dyno tuned.