Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a completely legal header system

Old 05-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a completely legal header system

I'm looking for a nice header system that will sound good with my texas-speed cat-back that is also completely legal. I live in new jersey and the emissions here are retarded. Ive been looking around and the completely legal ones are crazy expensive. If any one knows any sites that sell a complete system (headers, catted y pipe and 02 sensor extenders) i can find the gaskets where ever. I appreciate the help.

thanks.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:20 PM
10 Second Club

FYI, technically any LT is going to be illegal. I don't know about Mid length since I haven't looked into them, but if they change the location of the cat then they're technically illegal. Shorty headers could be legal, but you're going to see minimal gains from what I've read.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sxracerb25
FYI, technically any LT is going to be illegal. I don't know about Mid length since I haven't looked into them, but if they change the location of the cat then they're technically illegal. Shorty headers could be legal, but you're going to see minimal gains from what I've read.
as long as i have a catted y pipe im happy, but they are so damn expensive anyone know where to get a cheap catted y?
Old 05-02-2010, 04:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 on any LT being illegal bc it moves the stock location of the cats, but if you just need to pass a sniffer test and not a visual one...on the cheaper end, ppl seem to like pacesetters. SS is more expensive but has advantages.

Search this Thread