Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crossover coolant pipe

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crossover coolant pipe

does it matter if you put your crossover coolant pipe on the front or the back of the motor and plug the other side. Like if i put the pipe on the back and block the front ones.

The reason why I ask this is because I got the 102mm lsxr intake and they said you need to bend that crossover coolant pipe to make it fit. Well I can make it work on the back without bending it thats if you can do that.

Also is it possible to just block off all the ports or will that hurt the engine.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

def cant block off the passages as they are the way coolant flows into the heads.... i suppose you could switch the tubes around but youd still have to run a hose to the radiator from the back which i imagine would affect coolant flow. just bend the front lines its easy and the most often used route.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:24 AM
Teching In

I thought I read about the number 7 piston having problems attributed to blocking off the rear coolant crossover. After reading that I decided to keep mine and bend it down the best I could to get my fast 92 to fit. I'll try to find the article.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

when i did my intake swap i ran 2 coolant crossover pipes,rear one reversed. then i ran a 1/4 heater hose from the rear to the front pip off of a T-fitting and then to the radiator(t.b. bypassed also)
Old 08-12-2010, 01:55 AM
10 Second Club

I'm thinking about making my own. What's stopping me from cutting the rears off the stock LS1 crossover leaving like 1" of tube and running heater hose clamped to the tube left after cutting then T them at the rear and T at the front to tie in with the front line?