Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

!air Help Needed Please

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 09:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default !air Help Needed Please

I was removing my AIR tonight and had both the mainfold fittings detatched. When i was going to remove them, I found that the driver and passenger AIR pipes met at a black dome with a little hose attatched to the top. I didn't see any mention of this in the guides I've read so im not sure what it is. I couldn't figure out what the other end of the little hose was attached to and I didnt want to risk anything so I reattached everything and came here to ask what it was and what to do with it. Thanks in advance

EDIT: my car is a 2000 if that changes anything.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just plug that little black hose with a screw or something or remove it from the back of the intake mainfold and use a vacumn cap.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jsteele90
just plug that little black hose with a screw or something or remove it from the back of the intake mainfold and use a vacumn cap.
Thanks, will do. What exactly does it do?
Old 05-08-2010, 05:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i plugged it by pressing it onto one of the bolt endings coming out of the coilpacks...
and i wondered the same when i did it, what does it do?
Old 05-08-2010, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

It's a vacuum modulator for the AIR injection, as I recall controlled by a thin vacuum line that goes to a solenoid toward the back drivers side, and from there to back of the block. If the solenoid is disconnected from the wiring harness, probably don't have to worry about plugging the vacuum line (solenoid will stay closed).