Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My exhaust setup, need your input!

Old 05-10-2010, 11:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My exhaust setup, need your input!

I promise this will be my last post . So this is going to be my tentative exhaust setup. I have a 2000 Trans Am and I'll have pacesetter coated headers(so I don't have to buy a gasket on top since people said the one that comes with the coated headers is fine to use and the headers wont look like **** after a little while), x pipe, dynomax thrush(not turbo) mufflers with cutouts. Now my questions. I want to have the car loud when I want thats why I have the cutouts and the relatively quiet muffler or so dynomax says. Has anyone used a dynomax thrush muffler? I just hope it doesn't sound like **** when the cutouts are closed I just want it to be quiter. Second what is everyones opinion on putting my cutouts right before the mufflers so it is farther back than right underneath me and my passenger right after the headers? Im not worried about the performance gains I already have no cats, I doubt the movement to the back will make anything more than a couple horse difference anyway, but im not worried about performance gains or losses from that like I said. So I guess my question is, will it sound comparable to putting in right after the headers? Just without the drone and brain vibrations? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Search this Thread