Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 sensors

Old 05-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 sensors

here it is guy i have a 2000 camaro z/28 with a check engine light on for my oxygen sensors. i recently installed pacesetters long tube header and shortly after that the light came on. the car is tuned and doesnt have the back two sensors. but the cars are for the front there O2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1 switching and bank 2 sensor 1 switching also. i can be just idling at a light and my car would just start to shake. any advice would help.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

are they new o2's?
Did you extend the wires yourself, use extentions, or use vette ones?
Old 05-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Teching In

yea i replaced them with some bosch O2 i extended myself. im also running nitrous on them but that wouldnt hurt them would it.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like an issue with the extensions. Why not get the 13111's? I kept having issues when I was using extensions. No issues since changing to the 13111.

btw, I have one for sale in the classifieds, forgot I had a new one at the house and bought another one.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Venom#3
yea i replaced them with some bosch O2 i extended myself. im also running nitrous on them but that wouldnt hurt them would it.
On the ls1's when you try to extend them yourself they dont send a signal quick enough to the pcm. All you have to do is buy the extensions. Look at either casper electronics or another speed shop for the extensions and this will help. As for the bosch o2's the tend to respond slow and usually dont work correctly. The best o2's to use believe it or not are the stock ACDelco ones.

Once you fix the extensions and the o2's you will be fine. Hope that helps.

ps. I tried to extend my wires myself when i did pacesetters on my 01 TA and had the same problem. Then I bought the extensions and the problem was fixed.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:11 AM
Staging Lane

Just some info, I used a bosch 02 sensor, shortly after I got the code that the 02 sensor wasnt active. But I had changed the connector to the square mail connector instead of the flat style connector. Im sure got the wires correct. I triple checked them. But I used butt connectors. You think that would be the problem??
Old 05-27-2010, 08:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ws6fitz
On the ls1's when you try to extend them yourself they dont send a signal quick enough to the pcm. All you have to do is buy the extensions. Look at either casper electronics or another speed shop for the extensions and this will help. As for the bosch o2's the tend to respond slow and usually dont work correctly. The best o2's to use believe it or not are the stock ACDelco ones.

Once you fix the extensions and the o2's you will be fine. Hope that helps.

ps. I tried to extend my wires myself when i did pacesetters on my 01 TA and had the same problem. Then I bought the extensions and the problem was fixed.
The last piece of my headers install is the O2 sensors. I have my old ones in there right now to prevent an exhaust leak, but they're not electrically connected to anything. I've been reading a bunch of threads and I can't seem to actually find a consensus. It seems like 1/2 of the people who get Corvette Bosch 13111 say they switch slow and still throws codes, the other half have no problems. Same 50/50 rule goes for people who use stock with extensions. Granted the threads i was reading were pretty old, so I don't know if something has changed in the last 2-3 years.

1) Are my front O2's useless now that I've had them in the header bungs but not plugged in anywhere?

2) Do stock O2's really cost $140 a piece?!?!?!
Old 05-28-2010, 12:15 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cyberkill
The last piece of my headers install is the O2 sensors. I have my old ones in there right now to prevent an exhaust leak, but they're not electrically connected to anything. I've been reading a bunch of threads and I can't seem to actually find a consensus. It seems like 1/2 of the people who get Corvette Bosch 13111 say they switch slow and still throws codes, the other half have no problems. Same 50/50 rule goes for people who use stock with extensions. Granted the threads i was reading were pretty old, so I don't know if something has changed in the last 2-3 years.

1) Are my front O2's useless now that I've had them in the header bungs but not plugged in anywhere?

2) Do stock O2's really cost $140 a piece?!?!?!
I have the same problem after installing my LTs and bought the bosch O2s for 80 bucks each at dealer price and my car still shakes and runs like **** at idle. I may have to just try the AC Delco O2s. This is costing way more than i thought it would...i just hate when my car doesnt run right

Search this Thread