Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 Intake Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS6 Intake Questions

Hey guys I just purchased an LS6 intake off an excellent guy on this forum. Ive done alot of reading and everybody is saying that just swapping the intake will really lean out my engine. Is it THAT BAD? Im sure it will need to be tuned but I mean do I risk frying the engine? Im not gonna be racing it, I just want all the ponies I can get, it will be a bit before Im able to get it back to the dyno and tune.

Also can someone post the diagram that shows the ribs you knock off on the bottom side of the LS6 intake for the factory LS1 coolant tube? I have tried the search and I cant find the dang thing.

Thanks
Old 05-11-2010, 12:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 182 Likes on 141 Posts

you dont lean out that bad. I had long tubes and the ls6 intake on my car for a year before i had it tuned and the airfuel wasnt that bad. You will be fine to drive the car for a while until u can get it tuned.

Why dont u just buy the plugs that go into the back coolant lines and the new ls6 coolant line for up front. then you dont need to grind anything. They arent that expensive
Old 05-11-2010, 12:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I knocked off all the ribs and cleaned the bottom side up. I have full boltons and so far no tune.. though my pcm just died...