Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mods finally done: LPP LT + Duals, Solid MM, LS6

Old 05-11-2010, 03:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mods finally done: LPP LT + Duals, Solid MM, LS6

After 3 days of work, I finally got LPP long tubes, LPP duals, solid motor mounts, and LS6 intake manifold(painted white) installed. Deleted EGR and AIR(emissions stuff).

Car definitely pulls A LOT harder now.

The exhaust is not too loud unless you're really on the throttle or above 2500RPM or so. The tone is very very very deep... I love it!!!

The vibrations from the motor mounts are nothing unbearable, most of the time they actually feel pretty cool unless you let the RPMs drop a lot when first taking off in 1st gear(<900rpm).

Pictures and videos Follow:

Old Motor Mounts Vs New:

Long Tubes:

True Duals:

Part of Old Exhaust:

Emissions Crap:

LS6 Manifold partially installed:

In Car:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6fPQV3m8Tc

Out of Car:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvnBKqWAlHY

First Start + Open headers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBACR5_pXVI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_4ZctTjKao
Old 05-11-2010, 05:23 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you have any pictures of the ground clearance and how they tuck up? I think this is going to be my next exhaust system. I have a set of 2 inch kooks though so I may need to move some pipes around to make them fit.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
Do you have any pictures of the ground clearance and how they tuck up? I think this is going to be my next exhaust system. I have a set of 2 inch kooks though so I may need to move some pipes around to make them fit.
X2 on the clearance pictures. This sounds pretty good. I have the LPP long tubes and want true duals but I'm worried about clearance since I'm lowered
Old 05-11-2010, 05:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much were the mounts? got a link?
Old 05-11-2010, 05:49 PM
TECH Regular

clearance is I believe a bit less than a coke can at the lowest point, they can DEFINITELY be tucked up higher, but I didn't bother too much because I'm gonna be taking my car to ARH and letting them extend it to the rear, and at the same time I'll tell them to give me as much clearance as possible.

You do have to get your own hangers though(weird that they don't supply them like TSP dooes), but maybe they do now since I got one of the first kits. I just went and bought these leather hangers from autozone and followed a similar installation route such as TSP duals(drilling behind the rear seats)

Originally Posted by Ls1Rook
How much were the mounts? got a link?
Spohn solid mounts:

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...b81a0b0585d2f6
Old 05-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Teching In

Sounds good. I think I will be getting the same setup soon
Old 05-11-2010, 06:29 PM
TECH Regular

you should have got on it alot more and not shifted so soon, it seemed like you were scared to make some noise... the free rev sounded good though, and it seems like you can keep it quiet or be loud depending on your mood, that's kinda how my bassani td's are, i love that... hey about those solid mounts, from the pics it looks like they are longer than the factory mounts/pedestals... do they mount the motor up higher??... seems like that could create hood clearance problems or change the drivetrain geometry... i have poly mounts in mine, i have no experience with solids i'm just curious... nice car though
Old 05-11-2010, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dude...sounds perfect. Seriously, sounds perfect!

Well done!
Old 05-11-2010, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds awesome. I loved my TD's when I had them. I can't wait to get headers for my car now.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:08 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just did a bunch of searching on these. I am officially going to buy a set. It may take a little extra work to make them to the 2 inch kooks, but I think it'll be nice for $1000 total shipped to my house for a monster set of stainless headers and true duals. I'll never need another exhaust again.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Where can I find LPPs?
Old 05-12-2010, 10:47 AM
On The Tree

I wanna hear some revs
Old 05-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Staging Lane

nothing beats the sound of open headers god I miss it
Old 05-13-2010, 10:29 AM
12 Second Club

I just emailed LPP to see if they provide the necessary equipment to mount the system now
Old 05-13-2010, 11:08 AM
TECH Regular

If not, i just bought two of these(5 dollars from autozone) and screwed them behind the rear seats(at the time I purchased the duals, they did provide two clamps with "L" brackets welded onto them, just nowhere to actually hang them onto)

Old 05-14-2010, 10:12 PM
12 Second Club

Finally received an email back from LPP:

Originally Posted by LPP
Yes they come with hangers and clamps.

Thanks, Carl

I'll be hopefully ordering this next paycheck
Old 05-15-2010, 03:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by neutron82
you should have got on it alot more and not shifted so soon, it seemed like you were scared to make some noise... the free rev sounded good though, and it seems like you can keep it quiet or be loud depending on your mood, that's kinda how my bassani td's are, i love that... hey about those solid mounts, from the pics it looks like they are longer than the factory mounts/pedestals... do they mount the motor up higher??... seems like that could create hood clearance problems or change the drivetrain geometry... i have poly mounts in mine, i have no experience with solids i'm just curious... nice car though
yea that sounds like a good idea to introduce the new exhaust to the neighbors lol.. he's on a small street with lots of houses = dumb small children running like idiots
Old 06-11-2010, 10:20 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Aetos
If not, i just bought two of these(5 dollars from autozone) and screwed them behind the rear seats(at the time I purchased the duals, they did provide two clamps with "L" brackets welded onto them, just nowhere to actually hang them onto)

Do you have any picture of how you hung it using that hanger? I just got my exhaust and I'm trying to find hangers that will work
Old 06-15-2010, 08:21 PM
12 Second Club

teh bump for me question
Old 06-16-2010, 04:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by neutron82
Yes solids raise the motor on the drivers side roughly 1". There are no hood clearance issues. The car drives the same, minus the obvious vibrations that solids provide. For reference on how much they raise it before mounts I had an slp stb with a fast90 and the stb/intake were about 1mm clearance of each other. After mounts I can rest the stb on the intake and the holes won't even clear the top of the studs anymore. So, it moved it up about the equivalent of the studs for the stb.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mods finally done: LPP LT + Duals, Solid MM, LS6