Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PVC Routing on a 98 LS1

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 11:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question PVC Routing on a 98 LS1

I need the correct way to route the pvc system on my 98 LS1. I have the port on the front p/s valve cover, rear drivers valve cover, one port on the intake and one on the throttle body. This is in my chevelle. And what about a filter for the pvc? I noticed quite a bit of oil in the intake and on the rear vacuum port.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The port on the throttle body actually goes to the front nipple on the pass side cover, it provides some positive pressure to the system, Then you have a nipple on the rear of the pass and drivers covers, they basically connect to each other with a Y that the factory put it, the other end of the y goes to a pcv valve and then to the port on the intake that is behind the throttle body, that port provides vaccuuum. This of course is assuming that you have the perimeter bolt valve covers, that is what was on a 98 model HOPE this helps.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RARON455
The port on the throttle body actually goes to the front nipple on the pass side cover, it provides some positive pressure to the system, Then you have a nipple on the rear of the pass and drivers covers, they basically connect to each other with a Y that the factory put it, the other end of the y goes to a pcv valve and then to the port on the intake that is behind the throttle body, that port provides vaccuuum. This of course is assuming that you have the perimeter bolt valve covers, that is what was on a 98 model HOPE this helps.
Ya that helps thanks. When I got the motor it had a lot of the wiring and tubes cut or broke off.

Quick Reply: PVC Routing on a 98 LS1