Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust for 240sx with ls1

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 07:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust for 240sx with ls1

Got a 95 nissan 240sx with a 383 ls1 with heads and an aggressive cam. I already have some long tube headers with 1 7/8 primaries and a 3" collector, I just can't decide what to do with the exhaust. If I was just racing the car I would careless what the exhaust sounds like but it will be a street car as well. I not trying to hide the ls1 theres no point with a .617/242/111 cam. But I dont want it screaming look at me I got a V8. I've been reading some threads but thats a lot of info so i'm still undecided.

So unless someone says this is a bad idea I thought of using some 3" vibrant flex pipes right off the headers into some 3" vibrant resonators into an x pipe, into some 3" vibrant streetpower mufflers, that without fuel tank should fit over axle, and finally out the back. I am trying to use vibrant mufflers because they are more popular with the import crowd and just wondering what kind of tone comes out of them.

So basically i'm asking has anyone tried some vibrant mufflers on a LS1, or should I say to hell with it and put some borla XR-1 mufflers instead of the vibrant mufflers.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running a y pipe into a 3" collector through a cat into a single in/single out 3" flowmaster muffler to another single in/dual out 3"/2 1/2" flowmaster muffler. Everyone says it sounds nearly like a stock car. the cat is hurtin the top end a little bit, but with a ls1 in there, 10-15whp loss for low low sound isn't the end of the world.

Quick Reply: Exhaust for 240sx with ls1