Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter header install questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 06:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pacesetter header install questions

My Pacesetter long tubes and TSP OR Y pipe are being delivered tomorrow and I'm trying to tie up my loose ends. I be using a lift for access underneath the car, so I'm hoping that'll make the job a bit easier.

I just bought this car (2002 Z28) and the previous owner installed new plugs and wires within the last 5k miles. The Autolite plugs are cheap enough (I think they're TR55's installed now) but I don't see much sense in buying new ones, unless there are good reasons to otherwise. I guess my bigger concern would be with breaking a brittle core in a plug wire, but again, they're nearly new too.

I'm planning to have the rear O2's tuned out, so the whole throwing the check engine light or buying extensions wasn't high on my priority list, given that fact. I assume there should be no issue with this?

Anything else "Pacesetter related" I should know ahead of time to make the install go easier?

Thanks!
Old 05-16-2010, 08:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

i didnt have any problems with my 02s, but if i were you i would either paint or wrap the headers cause my coated ones look like **** and i had to paint them cause i was tired of looking at them whenever i was under my car
Old 05-16-2010, 08:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jts98z28
i didnt have any problems with my 02s, but if i were you i would either paint or wrap the headers cause my coated ones look like **** and i had to paint them cause i was tired of looking at them whenever i was under my car
They're ceramic coated...it was my understanding those held up much better than painted.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by evo462
They're ceramic coated...it was my understanding those held up much better than painted.
i guess it depends on how good of luck you have cause mine were ceramic coated but good luck with them, they fit perfect for me
Old 05-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Launching!

My ceramic coated ones never gave me any problems. You still need o2 extensions to hook up your front o2 sensors. Buy new NGK plugs, there's no easier time to change them and if you take them out its easier to change the headers anyway. Use your factory gaskets or new GM gaskets, the paper ones they send with the headers are garbage.