Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast 90 Intake question

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 07:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fast 90 Intake question

Alright I just got done installing an ported Fast 90 setup with an LS2 Throttle body, and have come across some issues, I cannot get the car tuned until Tuesday, however it is going to be tuned. What I am trying to figure out/ make sure of is that the current issues I am having are going to be able to be fixed by tuning, and not something that I will find out later to be an actual install problem. Here are some details

I have a small cam done 224/226-114, and since the cam install have had startup issues (tuning problems, just wasnt willing to pay lots of money to fix it until I had done the fast 90)

Fast is ported by Vengeance Racing, and done right,
Stock Fuel Rails
Newly Installed Summit 30lb fuel injectors (should run like redtops at our fuel pressure)
Replaced valley cover bolts with accurate button head allen bolts
LS6-LS2 TB wiring adapter

Now the issue, I cannot idle what-so-ever without the help of my right foot, I want to make sure this is a tuning issue and not a leaking issue, or failed injector issue. The car originally went into limp mode, and i followed the throttle relearn instructions, and it hasnt gone back yet, it seems to sound ok when throttle is applied.

I am under the impression that I should not have to drill holes in the TB plate with the DBW setup, but maybe.

Anyone with experience I would love to hear about it, or things to expect

Thanks
Old 05-23-2010, 08:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had the same problem when I did my H&C (228/232). I had to replace my IAC motor, saw there was a guy in the classifieds selling them cheaper than you can get at the dealership or store.
Also the tune helped out.
As far as the fuel injectors....do not drive on those until you get to your tune. Install them when you get to the shop for your tune.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:21 PM
TECH Regular

dont believe the LS2 throttle body can use that particular IAC motor, and what harm would i be looking at for driving on the injectors, (I already drove the car lightly around the block)

EDIT: Sorry this is all on a Cadillac CTS-V not the vert listed in my sig. TB is DBW, and the motor is an LS6
Old 05-23-2010, 08:26 PM
TECH Resident

I was told not to drive on the fuel injectors bc the PCM works by sending signals to inject fuel for a specified amt of time, not amt of flow. So you will be washing the cylinder heads with extra fuel until you get a tune.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Exactly what injectors do you have? Do you have ALL the required data for those specific injectors?
Old 05-24-2010, 08:33 AM
TECH Regular

Removed the injectors real fast this morning and I am still having idling issues, however the car now wants to idle, and seems to be able to make corrections for the most part on its own, but will occasionally still die, so I will be taking it to the tuner,

on a side note i think i stripped a bolt for the fuel rail... that will be fun dealing with
Old 05-24-2010, 08:40 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jasonk
Removed the injectors real fast this morning and I am still having idling issues, however the car now wants to idle, and seems to be able to make corrections for the most part on its own, but will occasionally still die, so I will be taking it to the tuner,

on a side note i think i stripped a bolt for the fuel rail... that will be fun dealing with
Not surprised that it wouldn't idle right with the bigger injectors and no tuning. Sounds like it's definitely just tune related as it wants to idle now with your stockers back in there. As for the TB you don't need to drill the hole and I thought our DBW TBs didn't have an IAC - doesn't the TB motor just crack the blade as needed to control the idle airflow?
Old 05-24-2010, 08:46 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Red99TA
Not surprised that it wouldn't idle right with the bigger injectors and no tuning. Sounds like it's definitely just tune related as it wants to idle now with your stockers back in there. As for the TB you don't need to drill the hole and I thought our DBW TBs didn't have an IAC - doesn't the TB motor just crack the blade as needed to control the idle airflow?
that was my thinking to in regards to the TB, well hopefully the car will like the stock injectors for a while, with the possibilty of the fuel rail bolt possibly stripped out, I dont have the time to fix this for a while...