Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Expereinced the difference in magnaflow kits

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Expereinced the difference in magnaflow kits

I've seen a few threads now where people were wondering what the difference is between the magnaflow dual/dual kit and the cannon tips. Other than the tips, the dual/dual comes with nice band clamps where the cannon kit has u-bolts. The mufflers are the same.

The tips make a HUGE difference in sound. The videos on thier site are crappy so you can't really tell. Basically, my buddy who had the cannon tips on his SS wanted to trade me for my quad tips, so we did. We just exchanges the two pipes that come off the muffler for the tips.

The quad tips sound refined, no rasp and much quieter than the cannon tips. They have more of a "mustang" tone to it with no real edge, you also can't feel the exhaust vibrate in the car. The cannon tips are louder, and have a metallic tone, and definitely vibrate the inside of the car, give more of a "nascar" sound.

I wish I had taken video of before and after on the same car but I didn't think the difference would be so great. They sound like completely different exhaust systems despite having the same muffler. Hope this helps some guys who are trying to choose.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:14 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to know. So which one do you like better?
Old 05-26-2010, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally I like the cannon tips, I like it a little louder. The quad tips looked awkward on my formula.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:23 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put dual/duals on my Magnaflow and got rid of the cannons, did change the tone a little bit.