Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help on building exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help on building exhaust

I'm about to start ordering the parts for my new exhaust set up and I have a few questions. I will be getting some pacesetter LT's, ORY with merge to unknow catback that is already installed on the car (2000 T/A m6).
Since I don't know how to do any of the fabrication work for the ORY/merge my self, will it be cheaper for me to buy a ORY and merge and have a shop do all the cutting and welding (not sure how much that costs). Can I buy the merge and random length/shape exhaust pipes to to make the exhaust work cheaper, or is it better to buy a manufactured ory with merge from a place like mufflex for $300.00? I know $300.00 is a lot for a ory but will it save money since i dont have to pay for custom fabrication? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well it all depends on your shop, i had my fm merge spliced into my TSP y then he mounted and welded a couple things on my muflex cat back all for 175.