Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Functional Cowl induction with carb style manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 07:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Functional Cowl induction with carb style manifold?

After walking around in a car show last weekend looking at a bunch of Camaros from the 60's I couldn't help but wonder if it's possible to take one of the cowl hoods on the market for 4th gens and make it work like they used to on older cars (drawing the air in from the cowl). The 69 hood that I saw had a massive air cleaner that would be sandwiched inside a round box on the hood, forcing the air from the cowl into the air cleaner and probably diverting a lot of the heat away too.

Have any of you guys seen someone in a 4th gen make a true functional cowl induction system using a carb style intake and an accufab throttle body? I know that it probably wouldn't work if you didn't use a carb style intake because of the wiper cowl, but how cool would it be if you could make it work?

Old 06-03-2010, 11:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

I've seen one recently...cant remember where though. I think it was in the Gen IV section. So it can be done. But the guy had wipers missing.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man I've looked and looked and I can't find it or anything like it.