Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thought on BBK headers and y pipe

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 05:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thought on BBK headers and y pipe

Im looking into getting some BBK headers and y pipe from the WS6store just want some thoughts on them from people who have it on their car
Old 06-13-2010, 05:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

BBK was a little late to the party but they look like some top notch headers
Old 06-14-2010, 02:08 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have them on my WS6. They are amazing!! They tuck up very very very good. I haven't scraped anything yet. It tucks way better than stock also (nothing to brag about). The ceramic coating seems like the real deal, unlike the pacesetter's so called ceramic coating that rust. The merge is very nice also. I have SLP LM1 with it and I barely get any rasp at all... I was scared something was wrong with my car because of all the horrid story's of LM1 ORY LT headers.

The only downside to BBK LT headers is the Y pipe. The Y pipe is 2.5inch that merges into a 3inch merge but I'm not really worried about that at all.. I mean it is a street car not a car that I want every single drop of horsepower I can get. Also my header came with alittle surface rust inside the headers and I emailed the people who I got it from (summit) and they said it was moister from the packaging that got in there and that it will burnout when I crank it up.

All and all great headers!
Attached Thumbnails Thought on BBK headers and y pipe-112.jpg  
Old 06-14-2010, 02:24 AM
Banned

I put them on my girlfriends car and they were probably the most pleasurable headers to install that I have done yet.

They tuck up nicely, the Y pipe has excellent clearance and the chrome has held up without any discoloration or flaking for the past year.

Overall fit and finish is excellent.

If your interested in picking up a set, shoot me a PM. I can get them for you and I can cut you a good deal!
Old 06-14-2010, 05:04 AM
TECH Junkie

BBK used my car as the prototype and I made sure that they focused on ground clearance being an issue with our cars and LT's. They also have a great merge that they used instead of just cutting a hole in one bent pipe and welding another into it like you see on so many crappy merges these days. The y-pipe is indeed 2.5 at the primaries, but opens up to 3" at the merge. I wouldn't let that bother you though... look at my power I'm making with these... Great headers and I suggest getting the ceramic coated ones. Like mentioned before, it's the real stuff, and my headers look like new still after a couple years...
Old 06-14-2010, 05:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I got the chrome ones slightly used so I cant complain about the price and as mentioned aove the fitment is amazing and the headers are a quality piece. Put it this way if your car had a single 3in exhaust anyway what good does it do if you have a 3in pipe for each side of the motor that then blends down into a single 3in pipe???2.5 isnt really anthing to be concerned about
Old 06-14-2010, 10:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

wow guys thanks for the info im def. going to order the system then....and i have the lm1 on my car also and was kinda worried bout how it would sound but thanks guys for the info
Old 06-14-2010, 12:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Chaos07
wow guys thanks for the info im def. going to order the system then....and i have the lm1 on my car also and was kinda worried bout how it would sound but thanks guys for the info
Well your in luck, i pretty much have the exhaust setup you'll be going with. I have these BBK longtubes & ORY with the Loudmouth 2 muffler. Your's will be louder overall, but you get a good idea of how yours will be sounding though.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=52774285

Mine still look good, ground clearance is great and im really happy with it. Only thing that would make these headers even better is if they were offered in stainless.

Last edited by Badguy7; 06-14-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

DAMN I LOVE THAT SOUND!!!! thanks for the info gotta love the forum
Old 06-14-2010, 04:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok i orderd them from ws6store and do they have EGR/AIR and if not do i need to tune them out n how would i go about doing that
Old 06-14-2010, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

They worked out well for me.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Chaos07
ok i orderd them from ws6store and do they have EGR/AIR and if not do i need to tune them out n how would i go about doing that
To answer your questions,

1. No, they dont have EGR/AIR

2. Yes, you'll need to tune them out so you dont have a SES light on for the codes the computer is throwing.

3. There's someone on here that does mail order tunes that can delete the codes and give you a tune for the car. I believe Vengeance Racing also does this, you have to send your pcm to them though. Or if there's someone locally that you know of that does tuning, you can go with them. Maybe buy yourself a handheld tuner (diablosport tuner & etc.)

My car is still untuned, but it runs fine. No major problems, im just not getting all the performance out of it that i can but im waiting on getting some 3.73 gears, built trans w/torque converter and maybe a cam before i tune mine. The car will waste more gas then it normally would being untuned but if you can stay off the pedal. It doesnt hurt you int he wallet that bad lol
Old 06-14-2010, 08:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks i love how your car sounds...and i think we are close in what i want to do to mine and what u have done to yours...so ok i plan on sending the PCM to FROST sooner or later so he can tune it thanks for the info buddy
Old 06-14-2010, 09:34 PM
TECH Addict

No problem bro! Need any more info on anything about your car, this is the place to ask/look for it.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

These are so cheap, the chrome ones are like under $400 w/y pipe shipped!
Old 06-15-2010, 12:56 AM
TECH Junkie

I had the LM1 exhaust originally. It was SOOOO damn loud!

After 3 days I had enough and put a magnaflow muffler on it. But I am a 6.0 H/C car so that'll make a difference. The LM1 systems sounds GREAT on a stock car, but when you start modding it, I think it sounds like *** personally... guess you'll find out soon enough whether you like it or not
Old 06-15-2010, 03:39 AM
On The Tree

what bout the plain bbk's? any issues with meltin stuff? got the taylor 10.4's on my car already.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Reno's2fastestfbodys
what bout the plain bbk's? any issues with meltin stuff? got the taylor 10.4's on my car already.
I've got the plain ones on my mustang. As long as your wires aren't contacting the headers you should be fine...
Old 06-15-2010, 04:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

How about BBK LT's and true duals
Old 06-15-2010, 05:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by vetteboy99
How about BBK LT's and true duals
Not sure if you can get the BBK's LT's ONLY... think the Y-pipe is part of the "kit"...

I'm personally not a big fan of TD's... just hardly see any with ground clearance I find acceptable that looks/flows good. Especially since a Y-pipe can be plenty capable of equal results. I dunno, just my .02 cents...

Quick Reply: Thought on BBK headers and y pipe