Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0430 after SLP lid and MAF?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 03:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy P0430 after SLP lid and MAF?

I just put a used SLP lid on my 02 ws6 I bought off a member here. He sent along the lid and also the MAF and IAT sensor since he had trouble getting the MAF out. The car has been running great. Power is up, idle is better and it's got better throttle response.

However a couple days ago it threw a P0430 code for the passenger side rear o2 sensor. I switched the rear sensors side to side, cleared the code, and it came back again for the same side. So now I know the sensor isn't the problem. Looks like my CAT is shot on that side.

Before I go spending money on new cat's, is it in anyway possible that the things I just put on could cause this? Lid not sealing? IAT not reading and pushing too much/not enough fuel? MAF sending bad readings?
Old 06-21-2010, 03:11 PM
On The Tree

Lightbulb

Have you put your original stuff back on and reset the code? I would try that for a few weeks and see if the code comes back.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Launching!

I could put the factory lid back on but not the MAF or IAT. I had to ship mine back down to the seller since he sent me the whole thing from the lid to the TB.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

Oh well, I'm out of suggestions then. I thought you might have gotten a bum MAF. The IAT sensor is just a thermistor that measures the temperature of the incomming air. Its either going to work, or not. Nothing to 'wear out' in that sensor.

Maybe someone else will come along and have an idea?
Old 06-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Teching In

look up a recall on cats from gm. i saw it on here for the ??p0420?? code i think but if its the cat you may get it replaced by a dealer but im not sure.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:21 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

is it a stock MAF or the SLP one?
Old 06-22-2010, 06:58 AM
Launching!

It's out of the warranty for the cats. Too many miles.

MAF is a stock one that still has the screen. I did a little research and found that sometimes the SLP lids don't seal right. You have to kind of force them under the front "lip" of the bottom box. So I did that and the clamps are definetly tighter now. Will clear the code and see what happens. Doesn't take more than 15 mins of run time for it to pop back up once I've cleared it.

I've also checked the voltage of the sensors with my scan tool while the car is running. From o2 voltage varies like it's supposed to, rear stays pretty much the same.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:43 AM
On The Tree

Mini... The air lid sealing or not would not cause that code. The MAF is downstream from that seal and the only thing that would be affected would be unfiltered air might have contaminated the MAF sensor. If you do not run through sandstorms, fields of freshly mown growing things, swarms of bugs, or anything else that might slip past that seam, I would not focus on that fixing your problem. Its good you fixed the seal (you did check if any debris was on/in the MAF before resetting the lid right?), but I think you have another issue with this code popping up.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Launching!

Yeah I double checked everything. I was just hoping this was some weird freak thing that happens. Looks like I'm going cat shopping.

Quick Reply: P0430 after SLP lid and MAF?