Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to get standalone harness

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 08:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Where to get standalone harness

I have been trying to reach techrods for the last 2 weeks and the guy wont return my emails and has no number on his page.

Anyone you guys know of for a reasonable price that actually communicates?
Old 06-22-2010, 02:55 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.speartech.com/

We have used them before and they have some nice stuff. Check them out.

Jon
Old 06-22-2010, 04:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Or Painless Wiring......
Old 06-22-2010, 04:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I wouldn't call painless reasonable

It's almost too easy to use a stock harness...ACC power to pink, ground to black, and 12v to the single orange...

I hear good things about speartech though
Old 06-22-2010, 04:44 PM
11 Second Club

I already have the stock harness modified to work in the rx7 but I must have pinched some wires installing the engine, and the car has always had intermittent connections among different circuits.

I went through the harness and it looks good but lots of hidden partially crushed copper throughout the harness is probably a reality, or I can just fix the issue I'm currently having and it may be the last wiring issue I'll ever have.

I dont really know, and some of the issues seem to pop up intermittently, I'm sure from heat andd vibration.

So I want to go with new wiring. I dont mind modifying another stock harness, in fact that wouldd be easier for me.

The speartech is too much money just because its twice the money of the techrods, ez2wire ect stand alones.

I could even rewire the whole harness myself, unless harness wires use unusual electrically sheilded wire or any other weird situations I'm not aware of. Its also a matter of time. Its the middle of summer and we only have about 2-3 months of good weather in new england before it cools off again. So getting the car up and running quickly has some value for me as well.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:30 PM
11 Second Club

bump. also looking for stock harnesses.

No local bone yards seem to have the 6sp harness
Old 06-29-2010, 02:27 PM
11 Second Club

I ended up getting it from PSI in new jersey. They are on there too. 429 for everything and they are the ONLY ones that will actually get back to you and quickly for that matter, as well as having harnesses in stock so your not waiting a month.

I am anxious to get their harness and get it installed but first impressions are great.

All other vendors had absolutely ZERO communication. I have sent 3 other places multiple emails because they have no number to reach them at and weeks later they still havent responded. This guy gets back to me within a few hours each time.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sciff5
I ended up getting it from PSI in new jersey. They are on there too. 429 for everything and they are the ONLY ones that will actually get back to you and quickly for that matter, as well as having harnesses in stock so your not waiting a month.

I am anxious to get their harness and get it installed but first impressions are great.

All other vendors had absolutely ZERO communication. I have sent 3 other places multiple emails because they have no number to reach them at and weeks later they still havent responded. This guy gets back to me within a few hours each time.
PSI called me back within an hour of leaving a message. They did not rush me and answered all of my questions. Very nice people and had the harness I need in stock.