Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED FAVOR! Need pic of clearance/dist between FAST 90 and Valley Cover!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 09:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED FAVOR! Need pic of clearance/dist between FAST 90 and Valley Cover!!!

Just like title states, I need a good clear pic of a mounted fast with the pic having the clearance/distance between the bottom of the intake manifold and the valley cover! If someone can take one for me I would appreciate it! I bought a fast that has a cracked bottom and I am needing to know how much room I have to play with cause I plan on epoxying a sheet of plastic on the bottom over the crack. TIA.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:45 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the clearance issues are with the valley cover bolts hitting the intake cause they are basically touching it thats why you have to use the button head bolts for the valley cover.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:22 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by KRAZY K 2000 TA
the clearance issues are with the valley cover bolts hitting the intake cause they are basically touching it thats why you have to use the button head bolts for the valley cover.
I know that, I need to know how much dist between the actual bottom of the center part of the intake is to the valley cover, I already know about the bolts.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just went and looked at mine and I would say you have about a 1/4" to work with. I tried to take a picture but it was too hard to get a good angle without having the TB off right now.

Where is the crack on the fast? You can probably just superglue it and be fine.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:39 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by djfury05
I just went and looked at mine and I would say you have about a 1/4" to work with. I tried to take a picture but it was too hard to get a good angle without having the TB off right now.

Where is the crack on the fast? You can probably just superglue it and be fine.
Thanks man. The crack is about 4 inches behind the TB opening and runs from left to right across the bottom of the intake, I am going to epoxy in a sheet of ABS plastic and call it a day.